• Chapter Nine - Starkiller Base

Start from the beginning

"Here's what's going to happen," I began to her calmly, "You are going to disable the shields, and we are going to get out of here unharmed. Simple enough? If that doesn't happen, then I guess we'll have to settle this with... aggressive negotiations. Is that clear?"

Finn, Han, and Chewie all seemed surprised by my sudden leadership, but I was only doing what Poe and General Organa believed I could. It just flowed naturally for me. It made me feel really good. I motioned at Finn, and he immediately came over and held his blaster to Phasma's head. She hesitated before sighing annoyed and walking over to the computer. While she began her work, Han just placed his hand on my shoulder and nodded his head impressed. I gave him a small smile in return.

"You're making a big mistake," Phasma said to us while she worked.

Finn, who wasn't taking any of her crap, held his blaster even closer to her head and sneered, "Do it." Then, he turned to Han and said, "Solo, if this works, we're not going to have a lot of time to fine Rey."

"Don't worry, kid. We won't leave here without her," Han assured him.

There was a loud sound from the console, which made us all whip around. There was a large visual of the base with a circle around it. The circle began to disappear, meaning that the shields were down. As relief came over me, Phasma stood up from her seat and said to us, "You can't be so stupid as to think this will be easy. My stormtroopers will storm this block and kill you all."

Finn and I walked over to either side of her and grabbed her arms. I said to her, "Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen."

Finn turned to Han and asked, "What do we do with her?"

"Is there a garbage shoot?" Han asked with a smirk growing on his face, "Trash compactor?"

A grin formed on my face while Finn replied, "Yeah, there is."

Let's just say a few moments later, Phasma was taken care of. Knowing that we didn't have much time, the four of us rushed around to try to find Rey. Finn led us to where the prisoner cells were, and he stopped us to come up with a plan. We stopped inside a room right across the doors for the prisoner cells department with a very large window that show the landing bay. I looked directly across, and my eyes widened when I saw Rey climbing out of a compartment in the wall with a blaster strapped on her back. How did this girl become such a badass?

I quickly turned to Han as he asked Finn, "Are you sure you're up for this?"

"Hell no," Finn said with a terrified expression and sweat pouring down his face.

"Guys," I said, trying to get their attention, but Finn just ignored me and continued going on about his plan. I began to wave my arms at Han wildly, which finally made him look over at me. I pointed out the window at Rey, who was now climbing up the wall. Han's eyes widened when he saw her, and he began to motion his chin in her direction at Finn.

Finally, Finn stopped talking about his plan and asked Han, "Why are you doing that? Why are you doing this?" He did Han's chin motion a few times while I sighed frustratedly and buried my face in my hands. Finn continued, "I'm trying to come up with a plan!"

I finally walked over, grabbed Finn's shoulders, and physically turned him around myself. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw Rey climbing up the wall. He was wasting so much time before that I thought he would miss her.

The four of us took back off in the direction we came from. We made sure to keep our eye out for stormtroopers. Finally, we turned the corner, but stopped and jumped when we about ran into somebody. We all pointed our blasters at the person quickly, but we let out sighs of relief when we realized it was Rey, who had a terrified look on her face.