• Chapter Six - Maz Kanata

When the Falcon finally got out of light speed, we all made our way to the cockpit to see the planet we landed on. As soon as I looked out at the planet, my jaw dropped in awe. The plant was so green, and flowers of all different colors emerged from all of the green. Trees and plants covered the entire planet with a lake right in the middle where the Sun glistened off of it. It reminded me a lot of my home planet, Naboo, and it was absolutely beautiful.

"I didn't know there was this much green in the whole galaxy." Rey said quietly in awe.

While Han just looked over at her with a small smile and a look that I had never seen from him before, I thought about how different this must be for Rey. Since she's been on Jakku her whole life, I couldn't even imagine how this big change of scenery must be for her. From the looks of it, she seemed to be amazed.

Once the ship landed on the planet, Han and I went to the back to gather some weapons. Before I could even ask, Han told me we needed to bring weapons just in case anything happens. I knew better than to argue with him so I followed his lead.

"So, kid," He began, "I don't remember seeing you around the Resistance. What's your story?"

"General Organa recruited me when the First Order rose to power. We met on Naboo a few years back when she came there on behalf of the Republic. Ever since she recruited me, she told me she could see me being a great leader someday. To be honest, I don't know where she gets those thoughts from, but I do whatever I can to keep her happy." I told him.

He sighed before replying, "Maybe she's right. As much as I don't want to admit it, Leia is right about a lot of things. I'm sure she wouldn't have recruited you if she didn't see something in you. How did you get here?"

"General Organa-"

"Call her Leia around me." He interrupted me, then added, "General Organa is just weird to me."

I gave him a weird look before continuing, "Okay... Leia sent me on a mission with BB-8 and Poe Dameron to retrieve the map from a man on Jakku. The First Order found us and took Poe and me while BB-8 escaped with the map. We escaped with Finn, but Poe... he didn't make it."

He paused for a moment before saying, "I'm sorry to hear that."

While trying to swallow the lump that formed in the back of my throat, I just gave him a small smile and replied, "Thank you."

He just stared at me for a moment before nodding his head. He opened up the large cabinet that contained all of the blasters and other weapons. He pulled out a small blaster, made sure it was still in good shape, and held it out to me.

"You know how to use this thing?" He asked me.

"Yes," I replied before taking it from him.

He nodded his head impressed and said, "Good."

Before our conversation could continue, we heard footsteps come up from behind us. I whipped around quickly and held out my blaster. Finn was standing behind me, but he held up his hands with wide eyes and shouted, "Woah!"

My mouth fell open slightly while I just heard Han start laughing from beside me. As I slowly dropped the blaster, he asked me, "What the hell are you doing?"

"What the hell were you doing running up on us like that?" I replied, "You about gave me a heart attack!"

He gave me a confused look and repeated, "I about gave you a heart attack?"

I just huffed in annoyance before I asked him, "What are you doing? I thought you were with Rey, Chewie, and BB-8."

"I'm actually here to talk to him," Finn told me while motioning to Han, who went back to focusing on the weapons. As I just looked at Finn confused, he pushed past me and went over to Han. Finn began to say to Han, "Hey, Solo. I'm not sure what we're walking into here-"