7

Shu woke to a blood-curdling scream.

He immediately glanced around, checking if someone died in his room. Everything seemed fine. Now he was just irritated, then realizing it came from one of the other's apartments, pissed as hell. After a late night of training, this was exactly the last thing he needed, especially as his other clothes hadn't even dried yet. Whoever the hell woke him up was going to get it.

No clothes other than the boxers he was wearing. The only option other than catching the cold was...

Shu hesitated, then opened a drawer in his nightstand and took out the Red Eye armor. Just touching it made him feel sick, remembering the destruction he'd caused that made Phi look like a kid. Crap, he'd been awake too long if he was focusing on this.

Valt said to move on, it's all over.

Fubuki just smiled and took the flexible armor, folding it up and putting it in a box.

Daigo looked once at Shu's calm face and shook him by his shoulders. You're torturing yourself over nothing.

So why couldn't he stop?

Ignore it, ignore it, ignore it.

Not a good time, not with kitchen knives in the next room over.

Ignore it, ignore it, ignore it...

He shook his head and put on the armor. Shu's heart pounded when he found the remnants of the mask next to the black arm brace. Not wanting to think about it, he turned and marched into the hallway.

Suoh's apartment was clear. He was sound asleep next to a gaming console- the fact that he had his own console and still used his made Shu want to break it- and snoring softly. His hair covered his eyes, but Shu could still tell his sleep wasn't faked.

Hartes was passed out on the floor, his beyblade and launcher next to him. Judging from the line of shattered plates, he had been trying to practice on a smaller surface than normal. Hartes was a crazed lunatic, but once in a while he had good ideas. Shu resolved to try that later.

Not Suoh, not Hartes, which left Phi. The prick. He'd better not have a girl in his room with him, or they were both dead.

Shu marched down the hallway. First door to the right. The door was cracked, and he gripped the handle of his launcher. It wasn't sharp, but it was metal. Good enough, if there was any threat other than the self-serving bastard behind the door. Crimson eyes peered into the opening.

He'd never been in Phi's apartment before, assuming it was full of pictures of beys and girls and wine in the refrigerator. It was close to the opposite, actually. There was wine in the glass-door fridge, but the rest of the room was completely empty, like no one even lived here. Almost like Shu's room. The only difference was the bed in the corner, a nice one. King sized, looked extremely soft. Phi lay on the bed, no sheets, no girls, just full battle armor like what Shu wore. What Red Eye used to wear. Why did he sleep in that armor? At least the cape and neckpiece was on the ground next to the bed.

Lay was a docile term. Phi was thrashing around like he'd been chained down, white hair flying around him, eyelids rapidly fluttering. Nightmare, then. He unleashed another scream, even worse this time, and stopped. The Lord of Destruction was shaking and Shu gritted his teeth in anger. He'd been woken up because the bey-destroyer was having a nightmare?

He marched in, shaking Phi awake. "Hey you. Get your ass up."

Phi groaned and blinked at him. His eyes were dilated, pupils expanded so much, the albino could barely see his iris. "S-Shu?" He choked and started coughing. The Chimera blader rolled his shoulders, ready to chew him out for waking him. When Phi's body relaxed again, the long-haired male looked up.