4.5

A few hours later, Lui was awake, his body a mutilated wreck of blood and cut tissue. Somehow, he was still alive. Well, not somehow. Shu had planned every step of this to ensure Lui got exactly what he had deserved.

The black and red mask was cracked and spattered with blood. No doubt Valt would be horrified, especially if he thought Shu was going to be Red Eye again. But even seeing his soulmate's expression a hundred times would be worth this night of triumph. Just a little more time.

The Shirosagi was still and silent next to him, blood pooling out of him. He knew there was no way for him to be saved. It just wouldn't be possible, especially since he was looking paler by the minute.

Shu pulled out his beyblade. It gleamed as the sun came up; the already bloody pieces of Storm Spryzen, the sharpest ones. That was Shu's blood on there, a small apology to Spryzen. And Ashtem's. Shu had gone back to Spain a while ago and attacked him. His training there had included a lot of martial arts, enough so he could compete on the same level as Xhaka. But Shu wasn't the one who would end Lui's pitiful existance. No, more than him, more than Valt, more than anyone else, Spryzen deserved the kill.

He cast off the mask and Lui moaned, his one remaining eye open in terror. Pure terror. Good, he was finally being serious. His stump of a tongue made a sound that sounded like his name, and Shu punched him. "This was your last mistake. You hurt Valt. You hurt me." He tilted his head. "But maybe I should thank you."

He wanted to drag this out as long as possible, savor the feeling. "You did make me stronger, and I destroyed everyone, and I mean everyone."

Despite having all his teeth brutally pulled out, he gave a bloody grin. Lui was laughing at him. "I am Red Eye," Shu snarled. "And I'll see you in hell."

For Valt.

For Spryzen.

And for himself, for payment with interest.

The beyblade came down.

And Shu woke up.

He sat up, blinking. Sun came brightly from his window, too bright to be morning. It must have been somewhere around two. Strange, he rarely slept in this late.

Lui!

Had he actually killed him? Shu shook his head. He was past that. He wouldn't ever do something like this to anyone. Except maybe Phi. Definitely Phi.

Shu stood up and stretched, back aching. His right arm left stiff and sore, probably a result of several hours of blading against Suoh and Hartes while ignoring Phi. His head felt warm and his boring, standard room was foggy at the edges.

The others were probably either drunk or dead in a ditch somewhere, so Shu figured he'd better put some clothes on and hope they were still alive.

Shu tugged on a plain shirt and ripped jeans- a gift from Hartes, why, he didn't know. The dream pulled at his thoughts, and he paused to consider it. So he dreamed he was killing Lui in the most painful way he could. That was... cool, he supposed. Red Eye would have been pretty happy about that, and he couldn't deny that he felt a lot of pleasure at the thought of killing that bastard.

Shu sighed and opened the door.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY KITCHEN?"

Phi saluted him, sitting in Valt's spot again! Why did he keep doing that? "Drinking, clearly."

"And we're playing Super Smash Bros," Suoh flipped the bird before turning back to the screen. "Phi, get me a drink."

"Sure."

Shu scowled. "You have your own damn rooms! Stay in them! And how did you even get in my room in the first place?" He glared, then swiped a bottle. "And are you seriously going to drink all this?"

"Yes. Would you like-" Phi paused and stared at him. "You look awful." He frowned. "Some dream of yours messed you up." The albino smiled. "I have to admit, seeing you like this is rather embarrassing, even as a rival."

Shu knew he wasn't feeling well, but he didn't particularly care. "Shut your rotten mouth, you black-eyed whore, or I'll destroy you and your shitty bey."

Phi didn't so much as flinch at that. "As you wish, pretty boy~"

Shu fought back the urge to slice his throat open with a kitchen knife. "I hate you so much."

The albino was saved a slutty response by Hartes brutally swearing and throwing the controller on the carpet. "How the actual fuck are you beating me? Cloud is literally GOD!"

Suoh bowed teasingly, flourishing the hand with the controller. "I suppose you were wrong and Joker is god."

"Noob."

Hartes lunged at him, but Suoh darted out of the way, shoving his shoulder so he landed face-first. The other albino sat on his back, bending his arm backward in a basic armbar. Hartes swore and bit him, and Shu glared. "Get out. Now."

"No."

He yanked a knife out of the block and turned to face the others. Phi narrowed his eyes, but made no move to leave. The others looked suddenly nervous. "Let me repeat myself," he smiled, closing a ruby eye. "Get-" He threw the knife and watched it split the wood between Phi's fingers. "Out."

"Okay!"