"By then I won't be forced to be around your stupid ass anymore," you interrupted and started to walk away, rather quickly.

  Naruto pretended to wipe a tear then ran up to catch up to you, he continued, "No, no, it'll be great, you'll accept that you're my best friend and you'll hang around me willingly," he said. 

 You shook your head, "I don't think I'll do that," you said dismissively but Naruto ignored your comment. 

"I'll tell the younger kids all about you, Kakashi Sensei, and Pervy sage. I'll say," Naruto stretches his arms out and reenacts a scene from his mind. "Kakashi was my Sensei he taught me a lot but then he focused more on Sasuke so the baton was passed on to Pervy sage, and as the name implies he was one heck of a perv," he said earning a chuckle from you he smiled and continued. "But most important of all, y/n, she carried on Pervy sage's lessons when he was too busy looking at women which was most of the time. She just appeared out of the blue, then grandma Tsunade gave me the great honor to watch over her," he said dramatically, you rolled your eyes, "you talk too much," you mumbled but he ignored you.

 "She taught me a lot but in the most tough and harsh ways but deep down I know that all her insults were just her way of saying how much she cared," he said chuckling.

 "That's not true," you said. 

"Yes it is," he said, You only glare at him.

 "As I was saying, ahem, children of Konoha, introducing, y/n Uzumaki!" he finished his daydream and smiled.

The smirk on your face disappeared and you questioned the boy.

"U-Uzumaki?"

 "Huh?"

"You said y/n Uzumaki," you pointed out.

"D-did I," his face flushed.

"Yeah," you said with a bit of pink creeping on your face but was thankfully hidden by your mask.

"Sorry, I-it must have slipped out of my mouth, I meant y/n Hatake" he apologized and turned his body to hide his crimson face. A few seconds of uncomfortable silence went by before you broke it. 

"That's still a no to the party," you said trying to change the topic.

"Oh C'mon y/n, it'll be so much fun," Naruto whined while you shook your head.

 "Hey!" Naruto's head popped up, "That's your dad, I'll just ask him," he said and ran towards him. You chased after him, you had to get to your dad first to tell him to say no. Though it was a challenge, you managed to run ahead of Naruto and only had a few seconds to tell your dad, "Say no."

He looked at you quizzically but his questions were answered when Naruto caught up and said, "Sensei! Can y/n come to Kiba's birthday party tonight?"

"No, " Kakashi said which made you smile.

"Well Naruto, he said no, that's too bad because I was looking forward to going but alas, things don't go as we expect," you said sarcastically. But Naruto wasn't giving up that easily, he was determined to get you in that party, and when he's determined nothing's stopping him.

 "Please Kakashi Sensei! Y/n needs to socialize more, she's getting too caught up in her books and stopped relying on real people for entertainment. Plus it's only gonna be team Kurenai, team Asuma, and team Gai, along with Sakura and Sasuke. I promise she won't come home late," Naruto practically begged to Kakashi.

 "No means no Naruto," you said and walked past them planning to go home and finish your book. (not icha icha...unless you want it to be) But your dad stopped you by placing his hand on your shoulder 'Eh?' 

 "She's going," your dad said.

"Eh!?" you said surprised, "Wait no—"

"YES!" Naruto cheered, "were going to have so much fun!" Naruto started to run off, "I'll be at your house at seven, be ready!" He yelled and you were left with your dad in some random alleyway of Konoha. 

You shot a glare at your dad, "What?" He chuckled, "You know what," you said. He sighed and patted your head sympathetically, "I'm sorry y/n, but you do need to go out more and make more friends or else you'll turn out like me," he said. You looked at him strangely, "like you?"

 "Yeah, just look at me, you don't want to end up like this," he said.

"Yeah, you are getting some wrinkles, I don't want any of those when I get older," you said jokingly.

Kakashi grew an irk mark, "that's not what I meant."

You chuckled, "yeah, yeah, I know," you said.

He sighed and said something that he had on his mind for a while but always held back, "I know it's hard but you need to forgive yourself," he said suddenly changing his tone into a serious but also empathetic one.

 "Huh?" You questioned a bit taken aback on the sudden change in topic, especially this one.

 "Akio and Eichi, I know you cared for them and you punish yourself daily for what you did to them. But y/n," he laid his hand on your shoulder, "it wasn't your fault, don't blame yourself for it so please don't punish yourself by restricting your happiness," he said to a teary-eyed y/n.

 You tried your best not to cry and for the most part, you were doing fine but you couldn't stop the drops that threatened to spill and glistened your eyes. Finally, you fixed your composure and wiped your eyes, "I can't do that," you said looking down.

 He sighed, "yes you can, just stop pushing everyone else out and let them become your friends," he said. 

 You looked your dad in the eyes and saw that he was practically begging you to comply. You couldn't stand seeing the pain in his eyes so you huffed and agreed.

 "Fine. I'll try," you said trying to not spend too much time on this topic.

 Kakashi smiled, "Thanks." He ruffled your hair and the two of you started to walk home.

 "Do I actually have wrinkles?" He questioned.

 "Loads," you said while stifling a laugh.

 "What!?" 

 "I'm just kidding."

 "Oh."

The Shinobi Behind The Mask(Naruto x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें