08

"Who the fuck is singing?"

★彡At first, Charlotte was having her reoccurring nightmare of her dad finding her and forcing her to go back to the lab

★彡
At first, Charlotte was having her reoccurring nightmare of her dad finding her and forcing her to go back to the lab. She screamed and stomped her feet in her sleep usually, but made sure not to while in the Hargrove/ Mayfield household. The dream reminded the traumatised girl of the events that ruined her childhood and whole life. However, after half of the normal dream, she began to dream of a boy she recognised from school walking out of his house with wide eyes and shaking arms in front of her, staring at the sky from storms in Charlotte's dimension. A creature, that had long legs and a lemon-shaped head and almost looked like a giant spider, was in the sky, surrounded by lightning and dark clouds. Charlotte knew it of course, she created it, only for it to run away and learn its own way of living and intelligence.

Suddenly, the boy spotted her and froze, before asking hesitantly "What are you doing here, Charlotte?"

"Get out of my dimension, or I'll trap you here!" She shrieked angrily, having no control over what she said because she thought she was dreaming, "Go, go!"

Questions of how the boy could ever be there were waiting for the morning: One had had countless realistic dreams and they always bugged her for at least a week.

A faint voice came out from nowhere, as the familiar boy and his house disappeared, sounding like 'Cars'.

"Carsie!"

"Carlie!"

"Charlie!"

Charlotte shot up, now awake, and felt a slap on her cheek.

"You were yelling in your sleep and seemed stressed,so I woke you up, and yes, you're welcome." Max stated quickly, watching the girl she just slapped hold her cheek, "We don't have much time, so put on some new clothes and get ready while I eat my breakfast!"

Hurriedly, Charlotte put on one of Max's forest-green, short-sleeved turtleneck tops and her usual baggy jeans, singing along to a song playing from the next room.

"I think we're alone now!" She shrieked when the chorus came back on. Good music was never played in the lab, except for the one day a year when her mother visited (her birthday) ,only classical music for when 'doctors' got bored or anxious about the tense silence, so it was refreshing and uplifting to hear upbeat pop songs. Unfortunately, the joyful moment to herself did not last long.

"Who the f*ck is singing?" Billy's intimidating voice bounced off the thin walls and echoed, "And I definitely don't like cheesy songs like this..."

The girl fought off a giggle and made her way to the top of the stairs, then had an idea that was always forbidden before. The joy of trying new things never got old for Charlotte: she slid down the banister. It was awesome, however Mr Hargrove did not think it was awesome at all.

"I beg your pardon sweetie."He called from the dining table, "I don't  recall giving you permission to do that in my household."

Shaking his fist at Max warningly on the way, the terrifying man advanced towards Charlotte, who flinched and backed away- it was a reflex nobody wanted to have.

"Aw, the poor little goldilocks is scared of dada bear." He taunted, placing his hands on her shoulders, which did not make either of the girls relax at all, "Get out of my house, you're disrupting my peaceful breakfast."

Only Susan (who was at work) could calm the raged man down and still rarely, and Max lost her confidence when at home, so not body said anything in reply. Charlotte could only think of her dad and that peculiar dream, as she waited for her friend in a bush. Of course, she fell over as soon as Max reaches her, but Max didn't even notice because she was already used to her friend's clumsy behaviour.

Author's Note
The last bit is so cringe i'm sorry 🤭😬

We don't love the fact that Charlotte was hiding in a bush for your crush (wow rhyme) while her dad yells at her and her brother instead of eating breakfast.

🥺 👉👈
It pains me to hurt my bby Charlie and I wonder what Will will (ahah ahaha) have to say about the 'dream'...