Episode 1: Hero

I've spend years with the image of a hero.
Not a prince in fancy armor and a white horse. But someone like my best friend Seungmin.

We grew up together and our parents have known each other since Highschool. He was a sweet boy who's smile was ever so warming. I've never had a problem with him. Never had a bad thought. For he was my hero. The boy saved my life several times as a kid. Each time I found myself thinking it was just fate he'd always be near me. I even think of it as fate he'd still be with me even now.
Every pretty memory I look back onto with him in it, I rushed to old videos and old polaroid pictures he took of us. From birthdays, to casual Friday night hang outs, Seungmin was the worlds best photographer and cameraman I've ever seen. It was so amazing the way he had captured moments in time that lasted forever to us.

There was nothing more beautiful than a moment captured by Kim Seungmin.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Date: Friday February 13th, 2021

Time: 7:00am

Location: Home

"Breaking News! Local authorities are still cracking down a kidnapping and murder case of 21 year old Jamie Lynn Gonzalez. The young girl was reported seen walking to her University dorm before being discovered dead in a warehouse 7 miles south from Los Angeles County.."

"Can't believe they finally found that girl.." My mother states sadly while frying eggs.
"Dead of all things, you really need to be careful around here, Y/n. That case was a mess back down at the station. We found her completely tore apart. Please watch your surroundings dear, it's getting worse out there." My father had stated for he was a detective for the state. Worked hard day and night over cases like these. Even left in the middle of the night just to do his job. You could tell he was heartbroken by the existence of cases just like the one on the news today.
"Of course, Dad."
"I don't know what we would do if something were to happen to you.." my moms adds.
"I've got a good kick and a good pair of hands. No ones snatching me." I say with a chuckle as I packed my things for practice and school.
My father nods at this before smiling happily into my mother's eyes.
"Still be wary." My father states.

That's right. In short, I am a mix martial arts fighter for a small company in this large city. There was no need to worry about me as if I was some helpless kid. I knew how to throw hands and a lay a grown man on his ass. Yet, everyone still worried. Because every month there was a case of murder, kidnapping, assault, and disappearances. I understand the concerns, but I wish they understood I could handle myself just fine.. After all I wanted to be a professional UFC fighter. One of the best. I was my own hero.

"Practice starts at 5 and ends at 11 tonight." I say.
"Why so late??" My mother asks, " Don't they know what's been happening around?!?"
"I need to practice for my fight on Wednesday."
My father smiles for a second before adding onto the conversation. "Don't worry, I'll be patrolling that area all night tonight with a couple of others. She will be more than fine."
My mother sighs putting our breakfasts into plates. She was very concerned for me. Of course she would after all those murders of young bright people. However, my dad was confident in my safety for the the night. It's not like I never had practiced this late before. I did it very often and I've never once been approached by anyone suspicious or suspecting.

"Well, if you say so. You two eat up now. You both have a big day ahead of you. Ill start going, I really need to get down to the school and set up my classroom. Also, Y/n, Seungmin is picking you up today since your father and I have to go so early.."
"Sounds good." I grabbed a plate from her before sitting down to eat my breakfast.
"Coffee Ma'am?" My dad asks.
"Yes please." I say.
With his right hand, my father places a fresh cup of coffee in front of me. As he does so, there booms a knock at our front door.
"I'll go get it. I'm already about to head out anyway." My mother says while grabbing her purse and keys towards the door.
"Bye Mom!"
My father smiles, "Bye My love."