douze - bridezilla

hwang yeji was on a mission. a mission to be married.

they had dated for three years, and yeji wanted what her parents had. a happy house filled with children and a lovey-dovey relationship. she wanted her own family. she wanted that.

anyways.

anyways.

yeji had planned the proposal six months ago. when they went for a fun little relationship trip in bangkok, thailand. they went swimming and walking about (still being trailed by her bodyguards), enjoying the sights and sounds.

the highlight of the trip was when they went to mo & moshi and bought a 22 scoop sundae with pound cake, waffles, pocky, and strawberries and yeji felt like dying after she had consumed all of it but it was possibly the greatest moment of her life.

screw marrying ryujin, she had thought, i'm marrying this ice cream.

that was when she realized. hey. i could marry ryujin. i love her so much, she loves me so much, we both make each other happy, both emotionally and physically. their relationship was going great!

so.

yeji was one of those scary people who fill 3 inch binders full of planning. first were the first draft notes. the ideas. after she'd narrowed the down the best ten plausible options that would make them both happy, she went in with the mood boards.

after having pathological connection with pinterest for an entire month, she made the mood boards, eliminated five more options. then, the rings.

obviously, yeji was only picking out engagement rings. their marriage rings could be picked out together. but yeji needed a finger size (she knew the size size, but she needed a measurment.

so when ryujin was sleeping, she measured all ten of her fingers, then went back to looking for engagement rings. two weeks of countless shower arguing and weird looks from hyunjin. two weeks of staring at pictures and multiple camera angles. two weeks of figuring out how. which. would ryujin like the pear cut or the the princess cut diamonds? emeralds as accents or sapphires?

when she finally announced to her family about her hopes to propose, dad 1, took her aside and told her that he could help arrange a visit to a jeweler's for the rings, and that she could pick out which one, etc.

it was such a nice thing for her dad to do, she almost forgot that he was the president and any company ever would go on its knees and beg like a dog for any interest in them by the president.

ryujin was brash and didn't hesitate. she didn't care about however famous her client was. she just wanted enough money to buy enough cake for the week to last.

yeji was a slightly spoiled, friendless, overworked gal with more bodyguards than her brother.

with ryujin, she felt right.

so damn right.

"what's with the occasion?" ryujin giggled at the fanciness of it. yeji had rented a stretch of beach with a beach house in the middle of it.

yeji was currently pouring her a glass of wine that was probably worth more than her apartment in seoul.

"wow lady ramingshire 1904 her original collection with pinot gris." ryujin admired the bottle, "i don't really care, it's still wine."

"cheers to that!" yeji chuckled, and they clinked their glasses.

this was part of their midday meal.

the entire vacation was a dream. ryujin was used to motels and crowded beaches, not HGTV beach houses and empty beaches that provided sunset views. it was such an extravagant upgrade.

"want some of this wAck chicken?" yeji asked cheerfully, pointing to a chicken that was stuffed with kiwis slices.

"bro what the frAck?" ryujin took a slice of it.

"don't bro me." yeji pouted.

"sorry, my sweetest strawberry honeycake." ryujin fake threw up after saying that, but yeji's eyes twinkled.

"yuh, you should totally use that." she joked.

"yuh." ryujin teased yeji.

"yuh indeed." yeji shrugged, mouthing "yuh" over and over again. "teen slang."

"all you young'uns."

"sorry, b00mer."

"not my fault you try to zoom in on paper."

"not my fault you can't find your dentures."

ryujin reached over the table and kissed yeji, giggling. "but does one really need dentures to make out with one's girlfriend?"

"no, i don't think so." yeji said, kissing her again.

also, they were doing a lot of fricking in the frick chamber.

"okay but let's heck around after we're done eating, cause hecking burns calories, and i have no calories to burn." ryujin kissed the chicken.

"agreed." yeji also kissed her bite of chicken.

and almost like clockwork, hyunjin called yeji.

yeji excused herself and moved very far away because hyunjin tended to scream.

"yo what is poppin?" hyunjin greeted yeji.

"my sex life."

"oh fuck off."

"exactly." yeji nodded, before realizing hyunjin couldn't see her nod.

"ewie." hyunjin yodeled into the phone and yeji flinched.

"yodel aye hee hoo."

"how's your marriage plans coming along?" hyunjin asked.

"i'm poppin the question tonight, so yeah. whoop."

"congrats." hyunjin said honestly, and yeah, they might not be as close as they could be, but. that was her brother. "BARK!"

"either you're a furry or that's a dog please tell me that's a dog!!" yeji gasped.

"YOU THINK I'M A FURRY I AM ENRAGED but yes that's a dog. i'm at a dog cafe. like cat cafes, but.. with dogs."

"you lucky fucker. i need to take ryujin there sometime."

"it really is the best place.... ever."

"stop bragging oh and okay. ryujin is looking over her okay i'm going to hang up ok love you question mark byeeeeee."

"love you question mark byeeee too." then they hung up.

"what was that?" ryujin asked, not particularly concerned.

"hyunjin calling to rub in the fact he's at a dog cafe."

"ahhhhhh. we should go there sometime, then. dogs are best. the end."

"agreed."

it was quiet for awhile because ryujin was positive she saw a pod of zhong chenles, I MEAN dolphins.

"big sad, no dolphins." ryujin sighed into her food, scanning the ocean one last time.

"big sad," yeji agreed. "uh ryujin. could you stand up for a second?"

ryujin gave her a wack look, but she stood up.

"god, this is.. i could've come up with a better speech about how much i love you, but i'll tell you later after i collapse from adrenaline. ryujin, my most favorite person in the world, my sweetums, sugar bunch, insert every term of endearment. DUCK. duck is a term of endearment. my duck, my lovely ryujin. this is going downhill. uhm. ryujin."

ryujin looked at her gently, "are you okay?"

"yes! god, yes. just. i. ryujin." yeji stuttered a little.

"ryujin. will you marry me?"