dix - fuck my feelings

"are.. are you sure?"

"i've been sure ever since i saw them kill my father. i'm continuing his plans and targeting the president."

"sir, it's risky, they have a new alpha team, and new protection measures-"

"yeah, we messed up earlier." the man admitted grimly. "that shithead damien with his daughter? they underestimated that one guard.. what's his name..?"

"seungmin, we believe."

"seungmin? get everything we know about him."

"yes sir."

"anyway, that guard, he's good. but i'm better."

"of course, sir."

-

hyunjin lay in his bed, staring out his window. the pale moon lay against the midnight sky, shining dimly. hyunjin looked at it, his breathing quiet.

seungmin was sweet when he was away from his job, less pent up. he had a dog and friends and a home he loved. he was happy.

and hyunjin was happy with him.

with seungmin.

maybe hyunjin could pull a yeji and date seungmin, but that would require seungmin actually liking him back.

maybe he was just jealous because they were friends. hyunjin had always been oddly possessive of his friends, probably because yeji was a wacko who was the queen of the elementary school they attended, always invited to birthday parties and playdates.

hyunjin just played cool math games alone on saturdays, dad 1 and 2 very concerned he wasn't getting proper sunlight.

(i mean, same.)

so renjun introduced young hyunjin to tennis. at first, tiny hyunjin thought it as, quote "boring because why do people want to hit things with a racket". but then hyunjin hit the tennis ball and the ball hit jaemin's balls, and he thought it was so funny, so he kept doing that.

"jesus. hyunjin has scarily good accuracy," jaemin complained, crouched on the ground in pain.

"he gets that from me." renjun blew a kiss to his beloved, aiming the tennis ball at jaemin.

"injunnie, my love, please don't do that, or i'll cry in front of hyunjin."

hyunjin, tiny hyunjin, made a pose, a little headband pulling back his floppy, black hair. he was wearing a white polo shirt and shorts, with baby knee socks. he was so cute, then.

renjun looked at hyunjin affectionately, and jaemin pulled him into a back hug, and they stood like that, swaying.

hyunjin learned how to turn on the ball machine and started hitting like that.

renjun and jaemin wanted to live in that moment, knowing their kids would grow up so quickly. but not now, not yet.

yeji tried to get into tennis but she ended up trying to hit the ball so hard she let go of the racket, and it flew and almost hit jaemin, so they made an executive decision to not let her do tennis.

also the racket broke because of that, so they were kinda terrified of yeji after that.

hyunjin grinned, getting up from bed. he clearly wasn't going to fall asleep now.

he was so proud of his parents. how long did it take them to get approval? to get jobs? advance through the ranks of government officials? fuck yeah. his gay parents were the best thing to happen to korea.