"How was court? I heard the Jones case was finally reconciled."

"The Jury found Mrs. Jones guilty of murder in the second, twenty five to life. Hate to say it, but I'm glad it's over."

"Wow..." I said taking a seat at his desk, "They really found her guilty."

While a lot of the evidence pointed directly to Mrs. Jones as the killer, there was still a part of the story never told. And I was well aware that part of that was my fault - and the thought haunted me daily.

"Yup. Now, about tonight; Cyrus was right about one thing. You've never gone undercover before, and it is not something you want to blow." Lieutenant replied giving me a stern look.

"Got it."

"You're familiar with Savage. He's a businessman first, very intelligent, if I do say so myself. He's not your average criminal - so that means you have to think smarter than him. Every time we've busted him, witnesses have gone missing without a trace, charges were dropped - and why? Because he has pull. To those in higher ranks than both you and I. However this prostitution ring that Cyrus is onto, should do the job if Milo Jackson's disappearance doesn't."

I nodded, deciding to take in everything without responding. Like everyone pointed out, I was new to this - but that didn't put anymore pressure on me. I could work under any circumstances.

"And this woman...ICY. Find her, get close to her. Because she will be the key to him. You're a handsome young man Jetson, use that."

"I understand, sir."

Yeah...I understood. Crystal clear.

JHONNY

Jhonny checked the time on his phone, making sure he had enough time before his meeting started to take a quick shower just to head back out.

With another party scheduled to start within a few hours, he had a lot of ground to cover to make sure things went perfect; Especially with the cops still on his heels.

He made his way through his large mansion, the aroma of a home cooked meal coming from the kitchen and causing him to change directions. A shower could wait, as he realized that his stomach was growling and a good meal was needed before heading back out to handle business.

"Hmm, is that my baby cooking?" He said rubbing his hands together, startling Kimmy.

"I didn't hear you come in." Kimmy smiled, clutching her chest, "And yes...I'm almost done. Figured why not, and I made all of your favorites."

"I see" Jhonny took a spoonful of hot macaroni from the pan, "I'ma go hop in the shower while you finish up."

After planting a kiss on her cheek, he moved around her to make his way back out of the kitchen.

"So, you're staying in right?" She beamed.

"Nah, not tonight baby. I have business to handle." He shook his head.

"I don't know why I even ask." Kimmy mumbled to herself.

"What was that?"

"I said, I don't know why I even ask. I practically live in this big ass house alone, while you're out doing God knows what."

Jhonny scoffed, "God knows what? How about working so you don't have to lift a finger. What you want, a cat or some shit?"

"No, I want my man to be home with me - building a life. We've been together six years Jhonny, and all I have to show for it is this house. No ring, babies -"