Weakness

Authors note:

Happy New Years!!!

So uuuuuuuuuh have some bby angst. Like little bby angst that isn't even that bad guys like you'll live it's fine, it's not even sad. I just.....I've been reading angst and mix that with the fact that I've been playing fire emblem for like 3 weeks now so this was bound to happen y'all. And yes, I can only write angst if it's in past tense don't @ me I know my flaws. And no I refuse to change that, I'm too lazy to invest in a good unique still of angst writing so past tense letter format ish it is!!!!

————

We grew up knowing about one another but I never once cared to talk to you. We were the sons of Dukes, our lands separated by a mere river and nothing more. If I stood on top of a certain hill I could see, the Kirishima estate, and you the same.

We knew nothing about each other.

And yet.

When we were forced to head out to UA Academy for knight training for our kingdom, I did not care to even look your way. I was too occupied with wanting to become stronger, better. To make my family lineage proud of who I was and who I was to become. But, somewhere in between all of our training and classes, I found you getting closer and closer.

It started first with you asking me to train you on how to use a sword, your family was known across the land for mastering the art of grappling and axe wielding so I simply scoffed at you and walked away. The next day however you came up to me again, this time with food in your hand, as if you thought the reason I had turned you down was because you had offered me nothing.

It was hard to say no to you after that, even harder to get you away from me too.

Before I knew it, you and I were constantly training with one another. You even went as far as to let me practice my magic on you saying that it's good training if you ever have to fight a mage. You got hurt multiple times but always smiled nonetheless.

Slowly I grew to depend on you, going as far as to yell at you whenever you wouldn't show up to training on time. Look for you in the battlefield and always choose you as the person I would fight next to.

I had never truly realized just how much I actually cared for you until the day our class was assigned to take care of some bandits on the outskirts of the academy. It was a simple mission, a few bandits and that is all.

No one expect for a demonic beast to show up, no one had prepared themselves for that. And so when the beast launched at you, and everyone had ran out of arrows and stamina, the only thing I could think of doing was running to you and using myself to shield you.

My body moved without me realizing what I was doing. I had always preached about how one day I was going to become the best in the land and that I would be stronger than every knight that had ever lived so I would be damned if any weakling killed me. And yet, in that moment, I was willing to die for you. I had no idea why.

Next thing I knew I was on the floor gasping for air, spitting out blood and unable to see anything. I could only hear the scream of the beast and muffled yelling. But I could not make out the words of what was being said.

It was two days of me unconscious, by the time I woke up, the healers had worked wonders on my body and I was almost fully heal except for a few sore muscles and aching joints. I woke up late into the night and found you by my side asleep and completely unkept. God only knew how long you had stayed by my side.