Chapter 8: Aidan's Life

Author's Note: Hey guys! I'm so sorry for taking me a long time to update. To be honest, I stopped writing cause I wanted to do more research on how to make my story better and more descriptive. And plus I had writers block but now I'm ready to get back to it so I won't keep you waiting. Here's my next chapter!!!

Chapter 8: Aidan's Life

Aidan's POV

She looks so cute and innocent curled up on my lap. A hint of a smile plastered on her face as slight snores escape her mouth. If only I was good enough to have someone like her. She's the nicest girl I ever met. All of my past relationships have been a total nightmare, every last one of them either cheated on me, just flat out broke up with me or used me to get back with their ex. No girl has ever shared something so deep with me. Something that has broken her in many ways and that changed her life. No girl should ever have to lose her mother, she's supposed to be a role model for her, someone she goes to when she's having trouble with anything.

I felt Emilia stir and then her beautiful eyes fluttered open reviling her chocolate brown irises. Looking up at me from my lap, she asked, "Hey, what time is it?" "A little bit after 6. Do you want to go somewhere to get food, I don't know about you but I'm starving." I replied with a chuckle. "Sure, I'm hungry myself."

She lifted her head off my legs and smiled at me. I smiled back. I stood up from the ground, noticing how numb my legs were but I didn't care. If I could have it my way, I'll never let her go. Who am I kidding, she'll never like me especially if she found out what happened. "Are you ready to go?" She queired, startling me in the process from my thoughts. "Yes, after you my lady," I said with a fake British accent. She giggled and imitated my accent, "Thank you kind sir." I opened her door and closed it, first making sure she's all the way in.

As I went over to the drivers side, the wind blew my hair making it stick up at different angles. I brought my hand to my hair to fix uneven pieces. Once my hair was back to its normal quiff, I got inside the car. On the corner of my right eye, I noticed Emilia staring at me. "What?" I asked with amusement. "Your hair is all over the place," she informed, holding back a laugh. "What?" I flipped open the driver's side rear view mirror and looked at my hair. "Well I guess it's hard to put your hair back in place without a mirror." A second after I said that, we bursted out laughing. We calmed down a minutes later and I started to car to head to our destination.

We finally made it to the little diner called "Empire Diner." I parked the car, fixed my hair and quickly stepped out to open Emilia's door before she could. "Thanks Aidan," she said in a shy voice. "You're welcome."

We walked into the modern looking diner with plush red glittery booths on the left with a white stripe down the middle and a square silver table in between two booths. There was pictures of the original owner and the present owners, also a description of how this diner came to be. The walls were black and red which really blended in with the booths. The black and white checkered floors somehow complimented the stools and booths, making the whole place feel peaceful. Nevertheless, the diner made you feel at home.

"Where do you want to sit," I asked politely. "Anywhere is fine. Hey what about right here." She pointed to a booth. "Sure," I agreed. We sat down just as a tall waiter with a brown short hair trotted to our table. "Hello, my name is Eric. What can I get you two?" He asked politely. I replied, "I'll have burger, fries and a sprite." "Okay and what about you Miss?" He quiered Emilia. "I'm gonna go with spaghetti and I'll also get a cup of water. Thank you!" She courteously smiled at Eric and he returned it.

When he left, I looked over at the beautiful girl in front of me. After a few minutes of comfortable silence, I decided to speak up. "So I just want to say I'm really glad you trusted me enough to share your story about your mom with me." A light red tint spread across her cheeks which made her seem even more cuter. Man I love when a girl blush. "Oh you're welcome! How can I not trust you? Also thank you for listening to me and letting me soak my tears in your shirt." She giggled and looked away shyly. "It was my pleasure," I whispered loud enough for her to hear.