Chapter 4: Continuing Ballet

Author's Note: Sorry it took so long for me to update, I haven't been feeling up to writing but I promise it won't take this long again. Hope you enjoy! :)

Chapter 4: Starting Over Ballet

Emilia's POV

"Excuse me?" my dad query with a questioning look on his face. "I want to continue ballet," I exclaimed. "Oh of course sweetie. Let me find the closest dance studio." "Okay thanks daddy!" I kissed his cheek and skipped into the living room with my phone in my hand. "You're welcome dear," he yelled from his office.

I grabbed my homework off the coffee table and began with my AP history assignment. After about a half an hour into it, my stomach starts rumbling. I walk over to fridge and pull it open to reveal all sorts of different foods. I took out some leftover pizza from yesterday night and started nibbling on it.

"I found a dance studio," my dad called out. "Really? Yes!" I ran into my dad's office, completely forgetting about my homework. "It's like 20 minutes from here and it's very cheap. The class starts next week so I'll sign you up," he informed. "Yes thank you soo much daddy," I excitedly thanked him. "You're welcome sweetie, I'm just glad you finally decided to continue ballet." I hugged him and walked out of his office with a smile on my face. I grabbed the rest of my pizza and homework and skipped up the stairs.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I woke up to someone screaming until I realized it was me. Sweat was dripping off my forehead onto my shirt and damp tears stuck to my face. I put my hands to my face, wiping the sweat and tears and sat up from my bed. I looked over at my alarm clock which reads 3:40 AM. I groaned and layed back down. I always have the same nightmare every time I go to sleep and I don't think it'll ever go away.

You know when something happens to you and you say "I'm scarred for life," but you're really not, well the same thing goes for me except I'm actually scarred for life from that accident.

I hear footsteps coming across the hall and I know it's my dad. A few seconds later, he comes running into my room with a baseball bat in his hand saying, "Is everything okay?" " Yes dad, I just had another nightmare," I reassured him. "Hmm, maybe I should take you to a therapist so you won't have to deal with these horrible nightmares anymore," dad suggested. "No I'm good. It will go away soon." "Okay, let me know if you change your mind." he said while kissing my forehead. "Okay dad, goodnight." "Goodnight sweetheart, love you." "Love you too!" I rolled over to my side and prayed that the same nightmare won't corrupt my sleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I woke up to my alarm clock blasting Maps by Maroon 5. I hit the dimiss button and layed in my bed for a couple of minutes. Ugh why can't it be summer already, I can't take getting up so early in the morning anymore.

I normally pick what outfit I want to wear the next day but I was super lazy last night. Now I have to struggle with picking out a decent outfit that screams classy but casual. I settled for a light blue shirt with a white lacey vest over it, light blue shorts, white high tops and to top it off a white chunky necklace with my silver studded earrings. I brush my teeth, jumped into the shower and once I was finished I dried off leaving my brown hair dripping wet. I put a towel around my hair so it wouldn't get my clothes wet and put my stylish clothes on. I blow dried my hair and then used a flat iron to straighten it. I also applied some makeup on such as smooth brown eyeliner, gold eyeshadow, brown mascara, foundation to hide the bags under my eyes and a little pink sparkly lip gloss on.

I ran down stairs, grabbed something to eat while waiting for the bus to come since my dad had to be at work earlier, he couldn't drive me to school. As I'm putting my cereal bowl in the sink, I hear the bus come so I ran out the house and stepped inside the bus. I hope this day goes by fast cause I can already tell it's going to be a long exhausting day.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I ran to my first class which is AP history and jogged inside the classroom breathing heavy. As I was walking to my desk, I felt someone's foot extend out and making me trip over them. I fell down face first putting my hand out in front of me to prevent me from hitting my head on the floor. I landed with a thud, embarrassment and pain spread across my body. "Why did you do that for?" I heard someone that sounded a lot like Aidan shouted. Shrugging her shoulders, she turned around to talk to her friends. "Hey, are you okay? I'm sorry about Savanna," Aidan said with a soothing voice. "Oh it's okay, I should've watched where I was going," I answered while he helped me back on my feet. Man if only he was my boyfriend. "Yeah you should, you nearly almost broke my leg with all of your weight," Savanna barked. I felt tears brimming in my eyes and I blink several times to keep them at bay.

I walk past Aidan and plopped down in my desk. Mr. Matthews trots inside the classroom and with his booming voice he announced, "Hello class, let's begin our lesson. Ugh why did I pick this class? It's so boring, I could be at home right now eating Doritos and watching reality TV. Yes, I love reality TV so sue me but don't actually sue me cause I'm broke.

I listen to what sounds like a foreign language and feel my eyes start to drift off into sleep. But I pry my eyes open with a struggle and continue listening to Mr. Matthews lecture until I zone out.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Hey Emilia, wait up," Aidan yelled after me. I stopped and turned around with a smile on my face. He finally caught up to me and asked "What are you doing tomorrow night cause me and some of my friends are going to the movies to see The Giver." "Ummm I don't think I have anything but I'll ask my dad if I can go." "Awesome, give me your number so you can let me know if you can go," he said. "Okay, it's 417-203-5519," I told him. "Thanks, see you tomorrow!" "Okay bye Aidan," I waved at him as he head outside with his friends.

I grab my designer backpack, throw it over my shoulder and head for the door. I walk out and look around until I see my dad's car. I run to his car and hop inside. "Hey dad, can I go with Aidan and his friends to the movies tomorrow night?" I blurted out. "Sure, I don't see why not. At least it's not just you and that Aidan guy so that's fine. Just don't be out too late." "Thanks daddy and don't worry I don't like him like that and plus he has a girlfriend," I hugged him. "You're welcome sweetie, okay that's good." I text Aidan to confirm that I can go.

I turn on the radio and start humming softly to the song The A Team by Ed Sheeran. In 20 minutes we arrive at our house and I jump out of the car, grab my backpack and skipped to the house, eager to get inside.

I run upstairs and look through my closet to find my sleeveless leotard. I haven't worn it in like a year so I hope it still fits. I slip it on and it's a little tight but it's bearable for now. Mom this routine goes out to you. I start the routine that I practiced at the dance studio my mom brought me when I did ballet everyday. I close my eyes and focus on the moves. My feet needs to get used to being on my tippy toes but as I continue it gets easier and easier until I realized I finished the whole routine.

Smiling to myself, I think about how proud my mom is that I finally found the courage to continue ballet. I do all of the routines that I remember from my class over again. By the time I finished, my breathing heavy and sweat trickles down my forehead. I collapsed on my bed and smile to myself. I can hear my mom say I'm proud of you. I remember a quote from my favorite movie Lion King: Oh yes, the past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it, or... learn from it. I decided to learn from it cause if you stay in the past you'll never move on to what you're purposed for and we need to stay in the present and keep your eyes on the prize.

Author's Note: Thank you guys for being patient and waiting for me to update. I hope you enjoy this chapter.