Chapter 2: Arriving in Florida

Emilia's POV

"Let's go to the store sweetie, I need some dinner items," my mom shouted at me from down stairs. "Coming mom," I shouted back. Putting on my favorite pink and white converse, I skipped down the stairs and followed my mom out the front door. "What store are we going to?" I asked. "We're going to Target since its the closet store to our house," she responded. We drove out of our pavement driveway and headed to Target. We pulled up to the red light and stopped smoothly. Once it turned green, my mom hit the gas petal and the car started moving. On the corner of my eye I saw a car coming fast but it was too late to react when BAM!

I suddenly woke up, shaking and drenched in sweat. Looking around I noticed it's still pitch black and mostly everyone on the plane are asleep. Including my father with his head on the headrest, slightly snoring. I looked at the clock on my phone and the time says 7:48. Feeling drowsy, I lay my brunette head down on my dad's lap and tried to go back to a deep coma.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Emilia wake up, the plane landed," my dad shooked me from my beauty sleep. "Ugh okay," I mumbled groggily. I slowly got up from the comfortable seat and grabbed my stuff. Walking behind my dad off of the plane, I scrutinize my surroundings.

The magnificent palm trees, beautiful sunshine and amazing beaches, I could get used to this place. Although I'll miss California with my friends and family, I'm also going to enjoy living in Orlando, Florida.

We exit the airport and enter the phenomenal, lustful place. As my dad calls for a taxi, I take a look around and breathe in the sweet smelling air. I feel the air whipping through my hair and caressing my skin that sends chills through my body. I tug on my jacket to try to keep my upper body warm. I wish I had my sunglasses to block the sun rays from my eyes and also so I can look fabulous.

The taxi finally arrived and we both dive in the backseat of the taxi. "Where to?" the taxi driver inquired. "The Florida Auto Dealer," my dad answered.

We past by multiple jaw-dropping houses, consists of blue, white, classy black, yellow, bricks and many more. I noticed some of the amazing houses has chandeliers and flat screen TVs, I hope our house has these luxuries.

We appear at the fancy car dealership and slid out of the taxi before my dad payed the taxi driver. I followed him into it and walked up to the front desk where a middle aged man sat, texting on his phone. He looked up with a smile and asked "I'm David, what can I help you with?" "Yes, I want to buy a Chevrolet Monte Carlo please." "Of course sir follow me," he politely responded. We trailed behind David as I looked at all of the antique cars, sports cars and vans. Finally we made it to the Chevrolet Monte Carlo and I got to admit it looks amazing inside and out. The blue and brown compliments each other attentively and spacess trunk that can fit anything in it. I can literally live in this comfortable car. "How is this one?" "It's perfect," I enthusiastically screamed, jumping up and down. Chuckling dad expressed, "It's great." "Okay, let's go back to my office so you can pay for it," David announced. Dad left with David while I stayed a gaped at the stunning car before my eyes. If you didn't already noticed, my dad makes a pretty decent salary. Also my mom was a boss at a restaurant called The Brown Stone, don't ask me where she got the name because I have no idea till this day. "Thank you, have a nice day." My dad expressed. David shot back, "You're welcome, have a nice day also and enjoy the ride." "I will," dad exclaimed with a smile. "Come on sweetie, let's go check out the house." "Yes, okay dad."

Dad took out his GPS and placed the address to our new house. I blasted the radio on to my favorite station 95.7 and started jamming to "Pills and Potions by Nicki Minaj." There's so many places to go in Florida such as the gigantic mall, little boutique shops, fancy restaurants and name brand clothing stores. As we're cruising down the road, I wonder what mom is thinking right now about dad and I basically starting our lives over. If she's sad or happy or mad, maybe if I talk to her through my heart she can hear me. I remember in church, the pastor will always talk about praying to God is like talking to him and He can hear every word. So if I pray to my mom I know she will hear me, at least I can say a proper goodbye to her. 

"Honey we're here," my father announced. "Yes, I can't wait to see what it looks like inside," I shouted, running full speed to the white and blue house. Dad laughed at my excitement as he followed behind me up to the white painted porch. He fumbled with the keys until he found the right one then he put it in the key hole, turned it and pushed open the doors to our new decorated house. I stepped inside and first thing I saw was the living room with its blue soft delicate couches, flat screen TV that is ten times bigger than our other TV. Comfy rug, beautiful fireplace and lavishing coffee table. The kitchen has multiple cabinets, astonishing cooking area and a nice blue refrigerator. "How about you go check out your room," dad suggested. "Okay," I exclaimed.

I ran up the stairs careful of not tripping or falling into my room. I entered my room and stood in the middle, shocked. The room is huge with hot pink walls, a queen size bed, a pink and white desk, full size mirror and to top it off my own flat screen TV.

I layed on my bed and wondered how the rest of my new life is going to turn out. When my mom passed away, I stopped doing the things I loved like ballet and singing, I'll go to school, focus on the school work, get good grades and come home to cry on my bed. I've been depressed ever since and no not the kind of depression when I harm myself or starve myself, just a lot of crying and sleeping. But now that I'm starting my life over, I won't be able to hang out with my friends anymore and all of my dreams and goals vanished but maybe I can get them back. Maybe Florida is my comeback to stop being sad and live my life to the fullest. That is what I'm going to do.

Thank you everyone that voted and commented on my story! It truly means a lot! I hope you keep reading it!