Flight Attendent

It's moving day. I've mostly gotten over the fact that I have to say goodbye, it's not like I had much to leave behind anyway. But I'm still nervous, would anyone bother to be my friend? Would it be like everything I ever possibly dreamed it would be? Could it be like my home? Or like a prison? I just don't know.

"Dan... It's time to go" my mum said in a soft voice outside of my bedroom door. I sat on the ground, saying my last goodbye to the room I'd never see again.

"Ok" I replied just above a whisper and got up off the floor. I walked toward the door and took one last glance at it before turning around forever and closing the door. My mum rubbed my back and gave me a reassuring smile as we walked through the door and got into the taxi. I never looked back.

~On the Plane~
We just boarded the plane and I was already bored out of my wits. I decided to focus on what's out the window, although there isn't anything to look at yet because we haven't left the ground, it was the only thing I could occupy myself with at the moment. I did this for a while until I caught something moving in the corner of my eye. I turned to see the lady with the snack cart moving unusually fast, and skipping most of the rows of seats, stopping occasionally when someone acknowledged her. Her hair was a golden blonde and it was very curly, she was quite pudgy but looked friendly. I watched her race forward and she seemed to be trying to get somewhere fast, was she headed... Over here?

"Hello!" She held out a hand in my direction as she made a halt next to mum's and my seats.

"Uhhhh... Hi, I'm Dan" I reached my hand forward unsurely and took hers as she rapidly shook mine. I turned to my mum who looked at me with almost mortified eyes, I stifled a laugh...that's mum for you, worried about me talking to strangers.

"I'm Coral! Oh! Would you like something?" She asked motioning to the cart and I shook my head observing the almost repulsive snacks they had on this plane... Dried bugs? No thanks!

"No thank you, I'm fine" I then turned away expecting her to walk off like most flight attendants do but she just stood there with a smile on her face

"I bet your hungry though... I don't prefer the snacks on here either" she laughed and then looked both ways down the hallway before leaning in towards me "just between you and me... It's all expired anyway" she whispered and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'll just wait until the flight is over I guess" I shrugged my shoulders, why was she still talking to me? Not that I minded, I haven't had a real conversation with anyone except my mum in a long time! But Why would she want to talk to me in the first place?

"Oh goodness no! That'll be hours before we reach London! I'm not really supposed to do this but... Come back to the kitchen with me, I'll get the chefs to cook something for us instead of just themselves or the pilot for once" she laughed a bit and walked toward the door that lead to, apparently a kitchen. I looked to my mum for permission and she bit her lip before sighing.

"Just be careful alright?" She looked at me worried, she could be so protective at times.

"I'll be fine mum! It's not like anyone could get away with murder on a plane!" I laughed and she just rolled her eyes before smiling a bit.

"Are you coming?" Coral turned around from the entrance and smiled. I got up from my seat and followed her into a room that resembled somewhat of a kitchen. Chefs with those big white puffy hats laughed around at the counter and seemed oblivious to us until Coral spoke up, "hello boys! Think you could whip up something for Dan and I here?" She smiled in a pleading kind of way.

"Sure Cor! Hey... Is this that guy that you told us about earlier? The one that is supposed to-" a taller man with somewhat stubble on his chin and a long twirly mustache started. But he was cut off by her putting her hand over his mouth and muffling his words.