ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏғᴏᴜʀ - ɪᴛ's ʏᴏᴜ, ᴏᴋᴀʏ?

i wake up to the sound of the hotel room door opening.

"i forgot my clothes for tomorrow" anthony says quietly, not even considering that i might be asleep.

i check the time, 4:21am

"anthony, why are you up?" i ask, rubbing my eyes to adjust to the light.

"payton and jackson really don't like sleep, apparently" he replies, not looking at me.

i jump out of bed and run to the door, blocking it.

"who's the girl you like?" i ask.

he stops packing clothes. he stands still for a moment, before walking over to me.

"why are you asking?"

"because you said to me that she kissed your bestfriend" i start "so i wanna know who it is"

"i thought you'd know who it is" he says sadly and looks at his feet.

i pause for a moment "well, i don't"

"tayla-"

"is it kendra?" the thought enters my mind out of nowhere "and josh?"

"tayla, no-"

"or natalia and jackson?"

"no!" he shouts, making eye contact for the first time since he came into the room "it's you, okay?"

he storms away and picks his bag up.
i stand in silence, confused. i'm still standing there when he comes back.

"excuse me" he says, avoiding eye contact with me.

"i didn't kiss any of you friends-"

"excuse me" he says louder, ignoring what i'm saying.

"anthony!" i stand right infront of him, forcing him to look at me "i didn't kiss any of your friends! i have no idea where you even got that from!"

"well, if you walked in on two people, faces three inches apart, arms wrapped around each other, you'd have the same idea"

i stand there, realising what i've done.

first, i told anthony that us nearly kissing was a mistake. i then changed my mind and said it wasn't, kissing him back. then we had an argument, i spent the whole day with his best friend, and then to top it all off he walked in on us in a literal kissing position.

"anthony-"

"no tayla, it's actually fine" he starts "go and be with jaden if you want"

"i don-"

"you know, maybe i was just crazy, thinking that maybe you liked me back" he says happily and almost laughing, but then drops to a sad and slow tone "and i thought maybe you would've had the brains to work out that i liked you"

i stand there quietly, unable to think of what to say.
anthony looks at me, waiting for some sort of answer.

"but it's fine. i was clearly wrong" he opens the door, which i've now moved out of the way of. he looks at me one last time on his way out the door "see you later, angel"