Fifteen: Good Girl

Start from the beginning

She had tried to comfort him when he choked her with his mind, still retching violently as he listened to her gasp for breath seconds before he snapped her neck, and left her where she was to be found by someone who actually cared.

Nicole only shook her head, Adrian could tell she was disappointed in him, but he didn't care, "So you would hurt your mate just to prove your best friend wrong?"

He shrugged, "I didn't think it would be so bad, we're not even together."

"What are you, Adrian, a human? You should know that your relationship, no matter how much you try to ignore it, is monogamous. If you had marked her, she could have died knowing and feeling that you had betrayed her like that!"

"I should have marked her then ,so she would have died." Adrian muttered darkly, "Nicole, I don't want her, and she sure as hell doesn't want me. Since I've come back, she always asks me when I'm leaving. She wants me gone. "

"Because you treat her like shit, Adrian! What woman wants to be with someone who doesn't even try to respect her? You're taking advantage of her not being able to resist you, and you're going to end up hurting her more than you already have."

He was glaring down at his laps as Nicole pulled out of the parking lot, and headed to his house, "I don't care. I didn't want her in the first place."

"You know what she said to me when I came to her store a few days ago?" Nicole asked, giving the answer before Adrian could speak, "She said she saw you smile for the first time the night she met me, then she pleaded with me not to tell you that she said it because you would be upset with her, and don't think I didn't see those scars from when you bit her. She's ashamed of them, you know. She tried to hide them when I noticed them by pulling on a sweater. Those eyes of hers, they were wife as saucers when I asked about them though I already knew, and she wouldn't even open her mouth. I don't know what else you've done to her, Adrian, but the poor thing is terrified of you!"

"I don't care." He pushed through gritted teeth, though he flinched, when Nicole brought up the bites from when he had first met her.

Nicole only scoffed, the rest of the ride silent before she pulled up to his house, "Get the fuck out of my car. You're disgusting!"

Adrian climbed out slowly, thanking his sister for helping him out before walking into his house, and sitting down on the couch, gripping his head in his hands as he let out a loud, drawn out sigh. He almost wanted to go and apologize to Isaline after what he had done, but he knew she wouldn't accept it. She had thrown away the flowers he had gotten her after he had come back to her, and her father had told her that she loved the dried up roses, she found them the most beautiful. He had bought them, and set them out to dry until he though they looked perfect which took weeks, and she had thrown his apology away as he watched.

Adrian's phone buzzing brought him out of his trance, and he unlocked the sleek device, and opened the message that was from Isaline. It was the first time she had ever texted him, but the content sent a pang of hurt he wasn't used to directly through his body to his heart.

I hate you.

"Fuck," he cursed, dialing her number, and bringing his phone to his ear, his heart pounding. She sent him straight to voicemail.

He called ten more times, before she finally answered, that angelic voice hostile as she picked up, "What?"

Adrian sighed, running his hand down his face, "Isaline, I-"

"You weren't supposed to go with them." She said, softer this time into the phone, her voice was shaky, "I'm sorry. I thought you would leave. But you stayed and went with them."