Forty Nine: Namesake

Forty Nine: Namesakes

His back was to her, but she knew what expression that beautiful face of his would be pulled in as he put up the winter clothes she could no longer fit. His lips would be cool and pulled taught in his concentration, his brow furrowed and forehead wrinkled as he went about his work. Warm air would puff from his nose like a bull, and while he was doing such a simple task, he looked like one as he exercised his sheer strength every once in a while, stacking up to five or six totes in his arms. The later it got, though, the less he used his power to lug some totes behind him, not wanting to expose their kind to any elderly who my have been up and about.

Isa had offered to help but he wouldn't let her, claiming that the almost infinite amount of totes that they had to bring over in the bed of his large, midnight black truck were too heavy for her to be lifting while she was pregnant.

It wasn't up for discussion, so there she sat, inside her home watching as Adrian took his time transporting and putting the totes in their rightful places in her shed at seven that Saturday morning.

Her tea had grown cold while she watched him with a lot more fascination than the action truly warranted. Her imagination was running wild was what it was.

In her hormonal mind, it wasn't winter, but summer, and his shirt had been long discarded. Sweat from the sweltering heat glistened over his tanned body in a glaze that was more appealing to her than a feast of all her favorite foods would be. In her mind, reality sank into idealism, his grunts seeping into her imagination filtering through until they were part of her fantasy as well.

Adrian would look up in this alternate universe, and see her longing gaze on him, and summon her outside, press her up against her fading red shed, and take her mouth with his, then dominate her body in that same place for everyone to see.

Isa gave herself a rough shake and pat to the cheek, running away her inner exhibitionist, before standing up, and making her way to the back door, which was off the side of her nice kitchen. She leaned against the doorway, and not even two seconds later, Adrian's voice sounded from the back of her shed, "What is it, pet? I'm almost finished."

She felt her cheeks heat up for a reason unknown to her, "What are you thinking about?"

He usually kept his mind blocked off, the only way she had of knowing what was going on in that pretty head of his was if she asked.

"You."

"W-what do you mean?"

He didn't elaborate or even speak again, leaving Isa to her own devices as she watched him put the last few totes away. She didn't push, though she really wanted to. Lately her mind had been on everything and nothing, quite simultaneously, and she had just wanted a little break from her own personal musings. Her thoughts were always racing.

She thought about their baby.

She thought about her family, Adrian's family.

She thought about Adrianna.

She thought about Selias Fox.

Adrian.

Her store.

Nicole and her mate.

Her nephew.

The fact Adrian had openly told her that he was still hiding things from her.

Her mind raced so much that she barely slept at night anymore, she did so when she got home after work for some hours, and then she was up again. That didn't help with how tired that she was.