Fifty: An Anecdote Based on Chance

An Anecdote Based on Chance 

As terrified as she was, Isaline Brianne Ford's voice came out completely cool, calm, and collected.

She wasn't.

Her best friend looked to be on the brink of death. There was a large, long wound located on her lower abdomen that Isa knew was fatal-or at least close- hence all the blood, along with bite marks on her neck, just below the base. She could

"What happened to her?"

She didn't get her answer, so Isaline repeated herself, louder this time, as her voice became hysterical, "WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO HER?"

Isaline was already rushing to help Leo place Delaney on their large couch, tears brimming her eyes as she stared down at her sister before looking desperately to Isaac, to Jackson, to anyone who would and/or could give her an answer.

Someone needed to tell her what the hell was going on, and quickly at that.

The woman needed to get to a fucking hospital!

Isaline voiced this, and was promptly ignored. That made her skin crawl.

She felt sick, stomach churning, and gut clenching as bile rose in her throat, staring at all that blood. It was just so much, too much for even her-a vampire. She didn't know what to do. She could feel thirst vaguely burning in the back of her throat, but not enough to worry her. She wouldn't drain her best friend, but she was a vampire, blood definitely warranted a response,no matter whose it was. There was no discrimination there.

She didn't know what to do!

His soft touch calmed her to a more rational state in a fraction of a second, the time it had taken her to react.

Leonardo had given her this....guilty, apologetic look, and Isaline just went off.

She had lunged at him, a scream of vexation, of anguish, of raw fury fell from her lips, but all of that left her when Adrian caught her before she could get too far, and pulled her back into his chest, "Baby, no,"

"He hurt her!" Isa roared, fighting against Adrian when she found her anger a second later, using everything in her to get to Leo, "Fucking look at him! He-"

"Isa calm down before you hurt yourself, before you hurt the baby," Adrian spoke into her ear, but he may as well have been screaming into her ear. She felt as if the drum might shatter.

Adrian brought her to her senses, and she slumped against him, tired but taking comfort in his large hand resting on her pregnant belly.

He was right. She just needed to calm down.

"Isa, you have to change her," Isaac spoke up, his voice as raw as Isa's.

Her head whipped over to her brother, slack jawed in her sudden confusion, "I-"

"Why am I not in the hospital?" Delaney Ford croaked, silencing everything and one in the room. It's had no idea how the woman was even conscious, and seconds later heard someone asking the same question out loud.

"I gave birth naturally, I.e. No mess. A little stab wound isn't going to take me out....immediately. I pushed Christian's big ass head out of my tight little-"

"Delaney, shh baby. Are you okay?"

One look at her husband had her gleaming, "I'm fine, baby, just get me to the hospital because that was just a lie to comfort you. I'll probably die within the hour."

She was not fine. There was as much blood, more than when Adrian had offed Russell. So much that Isaline found herself getting queasy.

"We were going to get Isa to-"