THE GRIM REAPER

"We're loosing her!"

"Someone grab the defibrillators! Hang on sweety, hang on!"

CLEAR... *zap* CLEAR... *zap*

All I could hear were screaming doctors. Every once in a while I would feel a jolt, and then more screaming. My eyes were in the back of my head, and there were tubes up my nose.

It went dark. Cold, silent, just, dark. I had no feeling left in my bones and no sense left in my brain.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry, we've lost her. We did everything we could, and I understand you need time to process this."

I was confused. I could hear him talking. I could hear them all, talking. I could hear them talking about life and death, my life, and, my death.

They talked about "making arrangements," and "whose bringing the flowers." There was no sense of wind, rain, life. Nothing, other than the people.

"And on this day, we remember our loved one. She was filled with joy and compassion, hope and serenity. She will forever remain in our hearts."

For the first time, I felt water on my face, but it wasn't like a bucket being dumped, it was like tiny water balloons. The puzzling sensation went on, but it only appeared sometimes. It was like a switch being turned on and off. Why were they throwing balloons at me? Was it on purpose? What had I done to them? I couldn't hear them running around, screaming and laughing, all I could hear were sobs.

But then it stopped. No more balloons, no more whimpers. The last thing I heard was, "May your soul rest in peace," and the closing of a casket lid. That was it.

"May your soul rest in peace."

>TheArgentPanda<
First Written January 18, 2019