T w o

"Where'd he go" Maeve asked worriedly.

Blaise swore and ran a hand through his hair, shaking his head in disbelief.

"I told you guys this was a bad idea. Now who knows where he fucking went."

Maeve's eyes grew wet and she bit her lip in angst.

"Oh my gods. Bay is lost in the forest."

Blaise rolled his eyes at her waterworks.

"Yes, that has been established."

Sole wrapped an arm around his mate and his eyes glowed bright blue.

"Watch it." He snapped.

Blaise rose his arms in mock defence.

"We were meant to jump from the bushes and surprise him. He wasn't supposed to run off." Maeve mumbled, still in shock.

Sole rubbed her arms comfortingly but he too was distressed for the poor nymph, his heart picking up in his chest.

"Poor kid." Blaise murmured morbidly.

He wouldn't last the night.

...

...

...

...

Bay trembled in fear, goosebumps creeping up his skin.

Sounds that he's never heard and forestry that he's never seen surrounded him and he couldn't help but cry out every time he heard a rustle or saw the slightest movement.

Why did I have to be so curious? He thought with regret.

He continued to walk blindly through the forest until he stopped, realizing that he was walking in circles. The tree to his right was the same fallen one he had passed a while ago.

Bay's breathing picked up and a whimper lodged his throat when he realized that he was truly doomed.

Suddenly though, an eerie silence overtook his surroundings and all he could hear was his ragged breathing.

He turned in paranoia, his eyes flickering left and right to try and find something when he didn't even know what he was looking for.

A sudden hot breath on his neck had Bay frozen in fear and his hair standing on edge.

"My beloved" A strained voice whispered in his ear.

Bay jumped when cold hands touched his waist before visibly shuddering at the sparks that erupted over his skin.

What is going on? He wondered confused.

Suddenly, he was spun around in the strangers arms and he gasped loudly.

Before him stood a tall, handsome man. He had never seen one of his kind before.

Without a doubt he was a vampire. His skin was pale but still luminescent, not a mar or blemish in sight. Black markings littered his skin, although his eyes fixated on the small cross like shape right beneath his right eye.

Without thinking, his small arm reached up to touch the strange shape. As his finger warmed the cool skin a hiss sounded from the stranger making Bay stumble back in shock.

Sharp fangs rested over his bottom lip, his eyes blood red.

Now Bay was scared.