S i x t e e n

A/N:

Long chappy and big smut ;)

~

"How is he?" A voice asked.

Cepheus glanced over his shoulder to see that Raphael was walking towards him.

He smiled a bit and nodded his head towards the boy who was a level below them.

"See for yourself."

The two vampires looked over the balcony to see that the boy was running around in an enclosed garden, giggling while being chased by 2 small children.

"Much better then." Raphael observed in an amused tone. Although his brows furrowed and his lips quirked up in curiosity.

"Since when do we have a garden in the middle of the castle, my King."

Cepheus shrugged and braced his forearms on the railing.

"Since my beloved asked if we had one."

Cepheus gave a slight wave to his nymph below who had looked up and found himself captured by the Vampire's gaze. Bay blushed timidly but in his distracted state he was tackled to the ground by the small children.

The King's heart dropped in instinctual worry but the sound of his mate's laughter eased his mind. But only by a bit.

"Be careful!" He yelled down, but his words of concern weren't heard over their contentment.

"Of course you managed to create an entire garden for the Prince." Raphael chuckled. "How did you do it?"

"We already had the greenhouse in the centre of the castle, it was just a matter of planting those crops in the ground to bring the space to life. Bay grew them all himself."

The King saw Raphael nod from the corner of his eye but he could tell that the vampire was holding himself back from saying something more.

"Im guessing you didn't come all the way here to talk about the new garden. What is it."

Raphael sighed, a slight frown playing on his lips. He knew that this news would not please His Majesty.

"The council asked me to speak with you. You've been ignoring them...again"

Cepheus hummed, another smile brightening his face when his mate gave him a shy wave from down below.

"I told them we would reconvene next week."

A confused laugh escaped the blonde, his head tilting as he appeared slightly befuddled.

"Well yes, but that was over a week ago—"

"The fae are coming tomorrow to officiate our alliance. That's the only reason why they desire my attention. My mind will not change."

Raphael's jaw ticked in slight annoyance.

"It's not just about the fae. There are other matters that you must attend to."

At receiving a glare Raphael paused. He stepped closer to his friend so that he could place a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"It's been over a week Cepheus. You can't avoid your responsibilities forever. I understand that—"

"Don't tell me you understand!" The King snapped. "Don't you dare stand there and tell me you understand."