N i n e t e e n

A/N: Sorry for the wait my loves

~

Cepheus opened his bedroom door quietly and slipped into the room, taking care to close the wooden frame softly behind him.

He had spent most of the night and early morning wandering his land mindlessly. He needed to separate himself from the palace and its facade. He realized, during his one-on-one with the stars and the moon, that it was quite disturbing he couldn't place all of his trust in his council, nor his people.

He only allowed himself to examine his thoughts for that short while though, as it would be easy to get lost in the twisted, dark labyrinth of his mind.

"Cepheus?"

The vampire spun around in surprise at the small squeak that came from his bed.

Bay was sitting up in bed with the sheet drawn up under his chin, his eyes wide and lips parted in surprise at his mate's entrance.

The nymph had been worried sick and stayed up all night waiting for the vampire to come back to their room.

And now, it was morning; the sun's bright yellow rays indicated that it was far past sunrise and Cepheus was only now returning to his quarters.

The vampire took in his mate's startled appearance and paused, running a frustrated hand down his face.

"Bay" He breathed in slight frustration, "I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to scare you."

He had hoped the boy would still be asleep, so he could avoid the questions and concerned glances. But it seemed he couldn't escape either.

"Where were you Cepheus? Have you been out all night?" The nymph questioned in concern as he properly eyed the vampire's tensed form.

Jaw clenched, muscles taunt, and... was that blood on his hands?

"Did you get in a fight?"

Bay's distressed tone drew Cepheus from his own head and immediately he was cursing himself out for not considering his appearance before running back to his quarters.

"It's nothing for you to worry about Blue, I'm fine."

"So you did?"

Cepheus sighed as the nymph threw the covers off the bed and stumbled as he walked towards him.

"I said I'm fine." The vampire muttered; he turned around and made his way to the bathroom, forcing the nymph to pad after him with furrowed brows.

The tap was turned on and Cepheus washed his hands aggressively.

"But, why?"

"Why what?" The King murmured as he turned off the tap to dry his hands.

His fingers met the cuff links on his wrists and he removed them, placing them on the counter with a steady hand before undoing the buttons of his dress shirt.

"Why did this fight happen? W-who was it with?"

Cepheus chuckled hollowly and undid his belt buckle, letting his pants drop to the floor before his thumb hooked into his briefs and he stepped out of those too.

"It was someone who I thought I could trust. Someone who I tolerated because they were good at their job," He swung the shower door open and stepped in, not minding the stares from the nymph who was openly gazing at his ass. "This person took my trust, my good faith, my authority and went behind my back to fuck with me." He continued as he showered.