Glorybringer Story: Part 2

Last time we left them, our dear RainWing queen figured out that her bodguard has a big secret.  Now we find Glory in her hut this morning, trying to solve the mystery.

"UGH!"

Glory let out a yell of frustration.  She'd been piecing together clues all morning, but had come up with nothing except one thing--Deathbringer was cheating on her, and that didn't seem likely.  He was too loyal to her to do that... wasn't he?  She sighed and glanced outside, where the sun was shining brightly.  Some sun time will do me good... but then it's back to work.

After an hour of napping, Glory headed back to her hut.  She was surprised to see a familiar face standing there.  "Oh, Deathbringer.  Where have you been?" she asked, noticing the beads of sweat on his brow and the minor scratches covering him.  "Oh, just... training," he answered nonchalantly.  It would've been convincing to anyone else, but Glory narrowed her eyes.  "Why are you covered in scratches?" she asked.  He chuckled nervously.  "Funny story... I ran into some branches on the way back," he said.  Glory highly doubted that, but she went on.  "Well, you'd better get them treated." Deathbringer nodded and whisked out of the room.

Glory sighed angrily, red creeping up through her scales.  What is so bad that he has to hide it from me? ME of all dragons! I'm his... well, his queen.  He shouldn't hide things from me.

Sorry that was super duper short... unfortunately, Glory is still no closer to figuring out DB's secret.  The next chapter will focus on Deathbringer and his big secret...

~Autumnleaf