Chapter six

It had been more than thirty minutes since Mark had left Haechan alone in his apartment, and Haechan hadn't started his exercises yet. He was still too shaken by Mark's sudden behavior.

"He was trying to cheer me up..."

What Mark said to him, made him so happy.

"Stop being in love with you... that's impossible."

Haechan checked the time and hurried up to finish his work. He was thinking that Mark would come anytime now, but he was wrong. Mark was still walking outside in the cold night to cool off. He had reached a public garden not far from his neighborhood and sat on a bench under one of the lit park lamps.

He sat there for a long moment, wondering what he'll say when he'll get back or how he's going to act. He had never felt such feelings and edginess since a long time, it was like going back to high school.

Mark kept rubbing and patting his chest. The fact that his heart was so agitated was unusual.

He had predicted that giving private lessons to Haechan would be a bad idea. Spending so much time with him was no good for the feelings he had buried.

"calm down now buddy..." he whispered to the bumping thing in his chest.

Calmed down, Mark came back to his place. Haechan had enough time to finish all the exercises, Mark was now correcting in front of him.

When he finished, Mark took a last quick look at Haechan's work and said. "If I had to give you a grade for this, I'll say... 48 out of 100."

He saw the sparkle in the younger's look and added. "That is still bad, but it's the best work you gave me since we started."

"Really?" Haechan's face was gleaming with happiness. Mark felt attacked and looked away.

"Yeah.. you did a good job."

"Thank you!" smiling from ear to ear Haechan felt a sudden desire to hug Mark. Holding himself back he just bowed instead. "Thank you, really! I'll continue to work hard."

"Your exams are in two months, you still have work to do, so keep it up." Mark looked at the clock, Haechan did the same. It was late. Oddly, they both had lost the track of time. "You should hurry if you don't want to miss the last tube train, especially as you live far."

"You're right." Haechan got up, he was a bit sad to leave him, because the atmosphere had become more enjoyable.

Mark saw him to the door. Haechan at the doorstep turned around to face the older. The latter waited before closing the door, seeing that the little one wanted to say something.

"Hyung, I feel so thankful. You're a good teacher." Haechan displayed a sincere smile.

Mark didn't say anything for a minute, staring at the brown haired, thinking of what he could say to this.

"Mr. Seokjin is a good one too." Mark leaned against the door frame. He crossed his arms, questioning. "How come you can't have good grades with his classes?"

Haechan didn't know how to answer this.

"Are you listening in his class?" Mark added.