Chapter one

Lee Mark was 20. A normal third year college student in Seoul. He was 1.74 m tall, had deep black hair that might, if you looked longer enough, turn slightly dark blue. He was a rather sportive sort of guy. He liked taking care of his body he ate healthy and was quite muscular, which was the minimum requirement for a member of the college basketball team.
He hated laziness, and even more lazy people. Mark had a very straight philosophy of life, he thought as his father and his mother that nothing in life would be guaranteed if you're not willing to work hard for it.
He was an only child. His family was quite wealthy but this was all due to their parent's efforts. They both came from poor families but thanks to their strong willpowers and strength of mind, they were now the head of several firms with internationals reputations.
With a family like that no wonder why Mark was one of the most successful, popular and smartest guy in his school year. He always had good grades and on top of that he was handsome. A real winner.
He was always surrounded by the offspring of the elite families of the capital. Handsome boys, pretty girls, always at the top of the fashion, wherever Mark would go they would follow him as he was unknowingly emanating a bright sort of energy, aura, in his way of talking, his gait, his smile that made people admire him or envy him.
He hadn't real friends among those people that were mostly led by personal interests as they parents, but he didn't want to make them his enemy even though no one would have a chance against him. Instead he was just acting friendly as usual and not only with them but with every one which was making him so appreciated by the students and the teachers. He had a lot of charisma and wasn't arrogant at all.
But even a guy like Mark had flaws in spite of the image he was displaying around him. Flaws that only showed up when he was alone with one person. One special person that was the complete opposite of him. One poor lonely soul that seemed to wander in the entire campus without no one noticing him. One person that always succeeded in making Mark's bright smile fade away in two years.

His name was lee Haechan.

March.
It was the beginning of the school year.

Even though it was still winter it was really hot in the campus gymnasium as the basketball team was being coached by a PE teacher whose voice was loudly resonating with the grinding noise of the exercising sweaty players shoes on the gymnasium floor and the noise of the balls bouncing on it.
"Good job guys!! Keep it up!!" The coach was yelling throughout the gymnasium clapping his hands with energy as the team was doing great. Then he waved at two guys of the team.
"Mark, Minsoo! come here for a second." The coach said he was with a group of first year student that were standing behind the man. They widened their eyes, impressed to see Lee Mark approaching them.

They were whispering a bit excited. "Whoa.. it's Mark Lee"

"I can't believe it... it's really him."

"Omg he's coming towards us.."

They were impressed because Mark was the captain of the Basketball Team. The team had won several competitions against others colleges thanks to Mark, he was one of their best assets.
Minsoo was one of his rare true friends, he had a modest family and was only interested in playing basketball, maybe a little too much compared to the courses he was taking. Basketball was the only thing he was good at, but thanks to Mark's help he could pass his exam and made it to the third year. They met the first year when they were both admitted in the team.

"Yes coach?" asked Minsoo.

"You two will train the freshmen this year..."

Minsoo started in a complaining voice "But coach.."

"Guys I don't wanna hear anything! This year it's your turn, period. Now go check if they got the basics."

Minsoo sighed seeing the coach leaving, blowing on his whistle. Mark nudged him.