2

I'm moving to California. The next morning I immediately bought a ticket. It didn't take long to pack up my things. I was glad I didn't have to worry about leaving my current place because my roommate's girlfriend had been living there for awhile, now she would just pick up my portion of the rent. Everything seemed to just fall into place. Before I knew it, I was on the plane headed to my new home.

...

After grabbing my luggage, I called my sister.

"Char, where are you, I need help with my bags. I have way too many."

"Chill, I'm just pulling up the car."

A few minutes later I see her walk into the airport, looking for me. I jump up and wave, grinning from ear to ear. She runs over and we hug.

"I can't believe I'm here," I whisper.

"Ember, I promise, you'll love it. Plus, you love adventures. This is just the next one."

"But I still need a job, and a car, and... you're right. I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm so excited but this is all so real now."

"You've been through scarier things," Charleigh laughs. "I can't wait for you to see my life here. You'll fit right in."

We start dragging my luggage to the car and we finally set off into my new life.

...

Charleigh and I are driving home and catching up when she gets a text. I grab her phone so she's not distracted. I look at the lit up screen to see a text from Matt Raub.

"Who's Matt Raub?" I question.

"Ember, you told me you watch Smosh!" she yells at me, feigning hurt.

"I do! Most days... some of them. I really try, Okay? I've just been busy."

"It's fine, I know. You watched Summer Games, right? The apocalypse one? He was one of the refs."

Charleigh had been working at Smosh for a couple years now as an Executive Assistant and Office Manager. She also filled in wherever when there was a need for extra help. I tried to be supportive and watch Smosh but it was true, I was very busy.

"Read the text to me, it might be important," she asked.

"He said that he and Ian can talk to you tomorrow when you get to work."

"Oh, cool. You can just reply with a "thanks" or something."

I quickly type a reply.

"What's the meeting for?"

"Well," she started, "You know that news I wouldn't tell you unless you came to live here? I'm quitting Smosh because I was offered a position as a Growth Marketing Manager for Disney."

"Char, that's amazing! I know you've always wanted to work for Disney, I am so excited for you!" I said enthusiastically.

We spend the rest of the trip talking about her new job. It looks like the both of us were about to start a new adventure.

a/n: thank you for reading and thank you for the couple of votes I got on my last chapter, it really means a lot! Expect Smosh to be in the next chapter, I don't yet know if I'll have Damien be in the next one or the one after that, but he will be in soon!