Chapter 24

~Jiwoo~

When I woke up the next morning and found myself sleeping in my own room. Running my fingers through my bed hair, I slipped out of my bed and walked towards the bathroom. 

I took a long, hot shower before stepping out and changing into a new pair of pyjamas. Today was my day off and I'm going to spend the day, eating and charging myself. I've been feeling really sick lately and knew it was because of my heart condition. I knew I have to make another appointment soon and mentally made a note of that.

With this thought in mind, I stepped into the kitchen, only to see Jungkook sitting on the kitchen bench, drinking milk. 

I came to a stop and when his gaze came to me, I felt my cheeks burn at last night's event. Me. Begging. How pathetic.

"Morning," he said, sliding off the counter and walking towards the sink before washing the glass.

"Morning," I mumbled, walking towards the fridge and avoiding his eyes, "Did you, um, carry me to bed?"

"Who else did you think it was?"

I grabbed the milk and walked towards the bench, standing beside Jungkook who was busy drying his hands.

"Well, thank you," I mumbled, "for staying with me last night."

Jungkook didn't say anything in response to that so I hesitantly looked up and saw him smirk instead.

Frowning at him, I was about to ask him what's wrong when he surprised me by reaching out and tousling my hair before walking out of the kitchen without another word.

I touched my hair, feeling myself blush before turning my attention back to making my breakfast. Maybe he wasn't going to make fun of me after all. 

***

Three days before Jungkook and the members depart for their overseas concert, that's when it happened. As I tried to block out the thundering and lightning, that's when I saw him. Gunho.

My heart raced and my hands start to sweat at the sight of him. He was just... standing there looking at me. With a blank expression.

I flinched and let out a cry, shutting my eyes tightly when lightning flashed, followed by loud thundering. Feeling tears in my eyes, I opened my eyes to see that Gunho was no longer standing there.

And for some reason, I just bolted out of my room.

I didn't know where I was going but I didn't want to be here. I just know that I have to get out of here and that's what I'm going to do. And yes, in a freaking thunderstorm. 

I slammed into a rock-hard body, feeling large hands wrapped around my arms. Tilting my head back, I saw Jungkook's eyes narrowed at the sight of my tears.

"What's wrong?" he asked, concern etched his beautiful features. "I heard you scream."

I let out a pathetic whimper, shaking my head. I pressed my lips together, refusing to speak of the nightmares that has been haunting me before I met Jungkook... the nightmares that still haunts me up until now. The death of my little brother.

Jungkook shook me gently, "Hey, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

I wanted to yell at him to let me go. I wanted to tell him that I didn't want to be here. That I didn't want to live. I wanted to curse at him for forgetting about me. Us. But more so than anything, I just wanted to sleep peacefully for one night. One night without having to remember that horrible night.

I couldn't fight this anymore. So, I did what I wanted to do ever since I heard about Jungkook's accident.

I buried myself in his arms and cried. I felt his arms come around me in a strong, tight embrace and I cried even harder, grabbing hold of his shirt.

Jungkook didn't ask me anything. In fact, I think I caught him by surprise by hugging him and crying like this. He may ask me about this in the morning but I'm just glad he's keeping quiet for now. I can't handle him asking me so much questions about my brother. Especially when the wound is still so fresh.

I felt Jungkook dropped his head down, whispering all sorts of words in attempt to comfort me as his hold on me tightened. And for the first time since Jungkook's accident, I was finally able to believe that there may be hope for us after all.