Chapter 21

~Jiwoo~

I snuggled against Jungkook, feeling his familiar warmth and his scent when...-

I jerked back in bed and my head shot up from his chest to see that it was really Jungkook. Here I was, thinking that I was dreaming of him.

Jungkook glanced down at me, "You're finally awake."

My head shot to the side and I saw that it was ten in the morning. I looked back at Jungkook and whispered, "Why are you in my bed?"

"You invited me."

I stared at him for a long while and he stared at me in return.

"No, I didn't," I whispered.

Jungkook pulled back from me and I shuffled away from him, tucking my hair behind my ear. I watched him as he slid out of my bed, reaching for his things.

"We'll be leaving in two week's time," Jungkook told me, glancing down at me.

I tilted my head to the side, "I know."

We spent the next few minutes just staring at each other in silence. When it was getting too much for me, I broke the silence.

"What?"

"Aren't you going to kiss me?"

I stared. "I don't kiss people who don't remember me. Actually, I don't even care about that – I just don't want to kiss you."

Jungkook sighed before laughing softly and humourlessly to himself. "You're kidding me."

"I am not—"

One minute he was standing away from me, the next he was right in my face. Placing a hand on the mattress, Jungkook leaned towards me, all in my space.

"You know what makes me want to remember you even more, Jiwoo? It's that attitude of yours. That fire in your eyes every time you try to fight me," Jungkook said, smiling. His smile was anything but soft. "You may not be my type but that attitude of yours is something I know I want my other person to have."

I tried to move away but when he saw me doing that, Jungkook's hand shot out and he grabbed hold of my chin, forcing me to keep eye contact with him. How can I do that when I feel like he's searching for answers in my eyes?

I held my breath as Jungkook leaned in and brushed his lips across mine before pulling back. "Our wedding might be postponed but until I find out about our past and your little secrets, we are still engaged and set to marry. If anyone is breaking off this wedding, it's me."

"You—"

Jungkook releases his hold on me and turned to leave but I shot out of bed, grabbing his arm to stop him from taking another step forward.

Jungkook glanced over his shoulder at me, raising his eyebrows.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked him, eyes narrowing on him. "What are you trying to find out?"

"We'll start with who Gunho is," Jungkook said and smirked when he saw that I just glared at him.

I dropped my hands. "Stop talking about Gunho!"

Memories of my little brother dying flashes before my very eyes, making it hard for me to breathe.

~Jungkook~

Jungkook stopped everything when he saw that Jiwoo was visibly shaking.

"S-stop talking about Gunho," she said, quietly as her lower lip trembles. Hell, she looked like she's about to burst into tears. That's the last thing Jungkook wanted.

His eyes dropped to her hands and he saw that her hands were shaking even as she fisted her hands. Jungkook let out a sigh, running his hand through his hair, "Whoever he is, I'm hoping you're not cheating on me with him."

Jiwoo's head shot up at him. "What?"

"This is tiring me out," Jungkook said, eyes rolling. "You're tiring me out."

"I—"

"You do what you want and I'll do what I want," Jungkook said, giving her a tired smile before walking out of her room.

She drives me crazy, Jungkook thought to himself as he walked towards his room, What was the past me thinking, getting involved with someone like her? Did I really love her that much... to want to bind her to me so soon?