―SEVENTEEN: THE BIG NIGHT

FINALLY, THE BIG NIGHT was upon them, and Hestia Sawyer was not prepared at all.
It was Saturday night, the night of the long awaited prom that was due to begin in about an hour. Yet, Hestia wasn't dressed and all of her clothes and makeup were strewn around her bedroom as she frantically searched through some drawers.

"AHH, why aren't you ready yet!?" shrieked Sadie as her and Carter entered Hestia's bedroom after just arriving at her house, already clad in a typical prom dress and suit.

"I don't know! Time went by so quickly and I didn't realize it was 7pm already."

"When's Rodrick picking us all up?"

"Half an hour," groaned Hestia.

Sadie and Carter looked at each other and nodded. "Operation Get Hestia Ready For Prom In Thirty Minutes begins now!" the two said in unison before joining her in looking for something proper to wear and doing her makeup and hair.

Thirty minutes later, Hestia was in a dark, off-the-shoulder sundress they found stuffed in the back of her closet from last year's Easter and her hair curled in waves.

"Well, I think we did our magic," said Carter, as they examined her. It was a fairly simple dress, but it suited her a lot.

"W-wow," Hestia said, looking at herself in her mirror, the typically edgier girl at a loss for words for the first time. "I don't know how to thank you guys."

Sadie grinned as her and Carter went over to join Hestia. "You don't have to. It's not like Carter and I were gonna let ourselves go to prom with our friend looking like hot trash."

They laughed and Carter said, "Let's get going, we only have a few minutes until Hestia's emo boy toy shows up."

After the three of them went downstairs and Mr. and Mrs. Sawyer took pictures of them, Rodrick texted that he would be a few minutes late. Sadie and Carter went outside to get fresh air while Hestia sat inside on the couch.

Her sister Athena came down the stairs, in makeup and another pretty floral dress. Mrs. Sawyer cooed and fussed over her as they got ready to take her pictures. While hearing her sister gush to their mother, she overheard a mention of a date.

"Wait, who are you going to prom with?" asked Hestia.

Athena looked over at her. "Joey. He asked me on Wednesday."

"Joey? Joey Del Campo? I told you my feelings about that guy! He's such an asshole!"

Athena rolled her eyes, showing her prissy side that was reserved for her sister. "It's my life, not yours."

Hestia incredulously looked over at her parents. "Mom? Dad?"

Mr. Sawyer shrugged and said, "Well, it passes my rule remember? If you're with someone, Athena can go with someone. Plus, I met the Joey guy when I was picking your sister up from school yesterday, he seems perfectly respectable."

Hestia shook her head, not wanting to fight anymore and wondering what kind of act Joey must've put on for the Mr. Sawyer. Finally, she got the text from Rodrick that he'd arrived to pick them up and bid her goodbyes to her family.

As Hestia, Carter and Sadie got into the back of Rodrick's van, they stared around at the cluttered seats.

"I know this isn't no party limousine, but I do have a pretty good thing to make up for it," Rodrick said before rummaging through some front seats and eventually pulling out a few cans of beer.