Nightmare?

So, guys, this is a teaser chapter written by me and@Arminius1 let us know what you think! I wanted to get this out to see what people think of it so if it's not 100% correct please just let me know. The characters do have banners, but that is just to clarify where we are in the story, it's still in 3rd person and I apologize if it occasionally switches. We try our best. Now, without further ado, I present the Nightmare Before SuperNova:

 Now, without further ado, I present the Nightmare Before SuperNova:

Phobia was in for a lot of trouble. He had figured out why Nova had become an insomniac, he had found out that not only was she afraid of failure, he found out why it was because she had failed that day and her family had paid the price. He told her that she had to get over that. He said that if she was ever going to get over her fear Nova had to accept that her family's deaths weren't her fault. So naturally, he transported her to the Renegade's headquarters, dressed as Nightmare of course, where the whole council and a few other renegades were reading out cases with loose ends trying to figure out who Nightmare could be. They were reading the Artino case.

No one had noticed her sudden entrance, they were all faced towards Captain Chromium who was reading the file. Phobia had transported Nova into a shadowy corner, she safe for now. As he read the complete file tears streamed down her face. She was so overcome with emotion that she didn't realize one of the council members was missing until it was too late.

Rough hands grabbed her and they dragged Nova forwards, the Dread Warden appeared right next to her. She struggled in his grip, trying to get free in any means possible. He grunted from her efforts, drawing everyone else's attention. Captain Chromium smirked with cockiness, he believed he had caught her, she looked for a way out of this situation before she could think of one Adrian asked her a question. She hadn't noticed him earlier, but she supposed it made sense. Out of all the Renegades here he was one of the ones that had the most experience with Nightmare and was the most devoted to catching her, she also saw Callum in a corner, looking at her with, not pity, but with concern. Adrian would stop at nothing until he got answers out of Nightmare, so when he asked her his question it surprised her when the tone wasn't harsh, it was accusing or full of hate, it was a tone full of concern and so gentle that it made Nova question if she was dressed as Nightmare or not.

"Why are you crying?" The tone of voice was kind, but Nova could detect a hint of suspicion, after all, Nightmare was never known to show up randomly, and go somewhere where she could be at risk. So this situation went against all she was known for, and she was crying. No one ever had seen Nightmare cry before. The file had brought back buried memories hat Nova had tried to get rid of, but the memories from the past were so painful and the grip of the Dread Warden had on her was so tight that it caused Nova to panic. Her powers looked for a way out of her, looking for an escape, they raged trying to help her escape, but they found nothing.

Nova's power could take being contained anymore, and they rushed out of Nova into the Dread Warden, sending him into a deep sleep. That, however, did little to ease Nova's panicked state. For in her mind she was no longer in the council room, she was back at her old apartment. Her six-year-old self still panicked, she had somehow gotten a gun, the Dread Warden's sleeping form had transformed into the thug that had killed her family. Nova couldn't see anything but that man, the man that had killed her whole family without a second thought.