6

It was six am, the day after our 'wedding' when beta Sebastian barged into our bedroom, sweating. He was in a pair of grey sweatpants and a white wife-beater tank top. Trent shot up in bed which made me wake up. I felt like someone had knocked all the air out of me first thing in the morning.

"What the fuck?" I looked over at Trent. His eyes were wide and erratic, I could see his animalistic side was pushing to get out because his eyes were flashing between soft green and dark forest green. He was up and hunched over, his right hand was pressed firmly on the bed ready to help push Trent up and out of bed.

"I'm sorry Alpha, but rogues have made their way onto the territory, by your parent's place. They are demanding to see the Luna," Sebastian wheezed out.

"Over my dead fucking body," Trent growled out. "Why do they need to see her?"

"They won't say they only said they needed to Alice, they have Angie Burns pup too!" Sebastian wiped the sweat off his forehead.

I sat up and leaned against the headboard. Trent's erratic eyes turned to me.

"We have to go," I told him calmly. He let out a low growl.

"I won't allow stupid mutts to control us."

"They have a pup Trent, we need to go," I spoke in a calm voice as I grabbed his right hand which was still pressed firmly on the bed, I started to massage his fingers slowly with the pad of my thumb.

"I don't want you to go, I will go," Trent pulled his hand away and started to get out of bed. "Sebastian get out," Sebastian nodded and quickly left the room, closing the door behind him.

"Trent, I need to go, they asked for me," I tried to reason with him. He just ignored me and walked to our closet. "Trent," I shouted after him. I threw the blankets off me and followed him into the closet. He turned his attention away from his clothes to me.

"You aren't going," he growled.

"I need to, I will let you stand by my side," I reasoned, "I just can't just sit here knowing an innocent pup could die all because I didn't show up," I felt the tears start to rise. Trent took a step forward and wrapped his arms around me, he brought me to his naked chest and rested his head on top of mine.

"I will let you come," he said, "but you are not to talk to anyone."

"Okay," I managed. He nodded before he kissed the top of my head. I left the closet to allow him to get changed. He came back out in a black suit, he was in the middle of fastening his tie when he motioned for me to hurry up and get changed.

I rushed into the closet and quickly changed from my pj's into a pair of skinny jeans and a tight black shirt. I threw on a black cardigan before throwing on black socks. I left the closet in time to see Trent brushing out his long black hair. He seemed to be struggling so I quickly grabbed the brush from his hand and brushed his hair gently from the bottom up.

I threw the brush on the bed and guided Trent out of the bedroom. We met Sebastian downstairs, who had kindly helped himself to some coffee. He chugged the rest of the liquid gold before slamming the coffee mug on the coffee table. He wiped his face with the back of his hand before we left the house.

"How did they get on to the territory?" Trent demanded as we all piled into Trent's SUV. I sat in the back behind Trent. No music played as we made our journey through town to the outskirts of the territory.

"I'm not sure, I just know that when security found them they had managed to find a pup to use as a hostage," Sebastian replied, obviously nervous of the Alpha's reaction.

Trent's knuckles tightened around the steering wheel, so much they turned white. I wanted to comfort him, but I had never been good at comforting people, especially in the back seat of a moving car.