"That's funny. So, who else is still here? Is it just you and him? What happened to Hammy & Gammy?" They were a grandmother and grandson duo who had to do their community service hours here. They got in trouble for beating up her son; Hammy's dad. He pulled some bullshit to trick his own mother into giving him the power of attorney so he could change the will and leave everything to himself. Both of them tag teamed and whooped his motherfuckin' ass. Unfortunately, as they put it, the dad survived and pressed charges. They're loaded so of course they managed to escape jail time, but had to do a shitload of community service hours. We loved them. They were hilarious. That made me think of something.

She shook her head in sadness. "Gammy died like two years ago. Hammy's dad actually killed her. Took out a life insurance policy once he learned Gammy took him completely out of the will."
"Damn." I said, halfway confused as to why I didn't see that shit in the news.
"Where's Hammy?"
"In prison for killing his damn daddy." she said, shaking her head. "When Gammy died and her death was ruled a homicide, Hammy killed him 'cause he already knew what was going on."
"Damn. That's crazy. I always knew Hammy was a real one. Still, I wonder how he's gonna get through life in prison." I say.
"Girl, please. He got four years for involuntary manslaughter. He white and he rich. He'll probably be out any day now."
"Oh, okay. Good for him." I say.
"I just don't know how people can do shit like that, though. Like... wow... murder?"
I pretend to agree with her. "Chile.... it's crazy out here."
I'd been looking all around the building while I was catching up with her, finally seeing Chris ducked off in a corner of her own. I could barely see her, being that she surrounded by a giant stack of boxes. There was a machine near her, and I figured she was on her way to starting it. I guess today she was on packing duty. I was never really on this end of the building. This was the part that filled large orders— the only things I ever really did was pack the much smaller, personal orders and then deliver packages to folks that were too lazy to come and get it themselves.
"Right. You never know who you're standing next to."
"Exactly." I empathized, wondering what she would think if she knew that at least two killers were in the same room as her. I look at Chris some more, to see what she was doing. It looked like she was trying to do her work. Then, I decided to ask Kimmi about her.
"Yo, who's that?" I ask her, gesturing towards Chris.
She looks at her and smirks. "My latest conquest. Chris."
"Chris, what? I think I know her."
"Perry. No relation to Tyler Perry— trust me, I asked. I was tryna see if she got a lil' coin. One of these days I'ma realize my dreams of being a kept woman."
"You are a mess." I say, chuckling.
"When she start working here?" I ask.
"Few months ago, I think. Why?"
"I thought maybe she worked here while I did."
"Nah, I'd know. I know when the fine ones get here. I also know when they leave." she says, looking at me.
I giggle. "I couldn't stay here, I was in school." I tell her. She rolled her eyes.
"I get it. I'm still mad, but I get it. You ever graduate?"
"Yeah."
"You gon' let me give you this late graduation gift?" she asks. I giggle. "Nah, I don't think you'd be able to handle what you'd get in return." I tell her, once again lowering my glasses and winking.
She laughs. "Don't threaten me with a good time."she says, looking me up and down. "Anyway, I been standing here for hella long. You know Ralph ain't never like my ass, so tell me what you need so I can get back to my post to keep my job."
"Well, I wanted to come and see Ralph. I came to ask if he was still in charge here."
"Yup, he's right upstairs. I'm sure he'll be glad to see you ain't forgot about him, after all."
I talk to her for a few more minutes and then make my way up to Ralph's office.

When I got to his office, I'd taken my sunglasses off. I didn't need this nigga to get all nervous on me. I smile when I see him. "Hey, Ralph!"
He returns the smile. "Look what the cat dragged in!" he exclaimed. Ralph was an old, white-haired Asian man with very kind eyes. Today he sat before me in your typical run of the mill manager lookin' suit, with a cold looking Rollie on. "Oooh, you stuntin' today, huh, Mr. Ralph?" I ask, laughing. He chuckles, too.
"You know it. Wow... I never thought I'd see you again in this lifetime, Ford."
"I know, I know. I was just thinking about this place and decided to come in and check it out. Way different than before."
"Yeah, you know... we had to undergo some changes.  You know, stuff changes over a period of time."
"True dat."
"Yeah. This place has been through a lot since you left but I know you didn't come here to listen to me ramble. What can I help you with?"
Just then I remembered that I was trying to get my sisters businesses started up, and for that I would need a huge order of packing materials. I knew we would likely have a slow start butI needed to have a bunch of stuff on hand. I just didn't wanna worry about that aspect of the business for a good long while. So I talked to Ralph about that. Eventually he went downstairs to see when and if Matzonona could fulfill the order, leaving me alone in the room.

Then was when I looked around for any more information that could help me. I came across a newspaper clipping that was laminated and taped to the wall behind his desk— it was the obituary of Rosalind Hamm— Gammy. After taking a second to read it, I turned my attention to something else in the room— the work schedule. He had this huge whiteboard and everybody's hours were written there. I could see that Chris worked from Monday to Wednesday from 10a-6p and Thursday and Friday  she worked from 12p-8p. I guess she had the weekends off... Okay, cool.. today was Thursday. I wanted to surveil her during the weekends, when she has time to do stuff. I could guess she wasn't doing too much when she got off of work— her job was physically demanding. I glanced around the room to see if I could find an address for Chris. I look around for cameras, and find that there are none, so I sat in Ralph's chair , pulled up to his desk and rifles through the drawers. I finally got to the bottom drawer and eyed the tab of every folder, searching for 'Perry'. I find it and open it. In the folder was a picture of a smiling Chris. I looked down the page and saw that her full name is Christyn Perry. Her date of birth was the exact same as mine. That was kind of a freaky coincidence. Then I could see what  her listed address was — 2018 Greenblatt Drive. I whispered it to myself a few times, as I looked for more information. I rushed to put the file back and wince internally when I slam the drawer shut, right before I see Ralph looking at me.