He grew used to the names that were passed around like colds. Everyone referred him to as something, and he always assumed it was him they were talking about. They would write it on his locker, so he would have to see it all day everyday. They never missed a chance, they took every single one, not missing or skipping a beat. They loved terrorizing him, they got a rise out of it and Taehyung knew that.

Anxiety was also something he grew up having for as long as he could remember. His parents gave it to him, and so did his bullies at school. There was never a single day where he felt like it was going to be a good day. His mind was always messing with him, playing tricks on or with him, and he hated it because so many unrealistic scenarios would play out in his head, and his mind was always turned on to survival mode.

It was like there was danger lurking around every single damn corner and he fucking hated it. It was like he was aware of everything around him. The people, the places, the conversations everyone held, the looks, the whispering, the activities happening around him—just everything. He couldn't catch a break and it was all so mentally exhausting to him.

It didn't mater how much sleep he could get, he always woke up drained the next day.

He was convinced danger was everywhere, because if you really think about it, it was everywhere. It was at home, school, in public—anywhere he went there was always something happening to him. And it was never good. He hardly ever had good things happen to him. The only good things that happened were meeting his best friends.

Everyday was the same as the last.

"You gonna pick your books up, freak?" Bogum, Taehyung's biggest bully, asked, snickering wickedly at the fact of the small brunette boy's books scattered all over the floor where Bogum had knocked them out. Taehyung sighed, crouching down to pick up his books from the ground, expression holding zero emotion.

He kept hearing all the whispers going on around him as people watched everything play out and unfold before them. The halls were quiet besides the whispering being tossed around and shared. He could only make out the very few words he heard all the time, and even though he didn't show it, but each word stung and he just wanted to curl up in a ball and die.

He hated all of the attention on them—making him feel exposed and vulnerable. He could feel everyone's burning gaze on him, making him fidget and cause his hands to grow shaky and sweaty. He felt his face and whole body heat up from the intense stares happening around him, the quiet halls and whispering not helping his current situation.

As he was gathering his books and papers that fell out as well, there was a sudden foot on his hands, stopping his movements from continuing on. The small brunette boy looked up and saw three familiar faces, and they didn't seem happy in the slightest. Their eyes were narrowed into thin slits, expressions hard and arms crossed firmly over their chests.

"Actually, I think you should pick up his books for him, Bogum," Jimin growled deeply, his jaw visibly clenching as he kept his boot on his best friend's hands to keep him from continuing with his task. Taehyung watched and felt a little better knowing his friends were there to help him, but he knew a fight would break out because of Yoongi whose known to always engage in a fight if it means for standing up for what's right.

And every fight he's been in, he's won and it was because he was protecting Taehyung.

"J-Jimin, it's fine, r-really," Taehyung tried to reassure and reason with him, but to no avail. Jimin just shook his head, removing his foot that was on the small brunette's hands. Taehyung felt small and vulnerable, but he knew he wouldn't get hurt as long as they were here with him to protect the small teen.

"Pick them up, Bogum. Now." This time, it was Yoongi who barked at the male, causing Taehyung's eyes to snap over at the male, wide in fear as he watched them. He could feel the hostile energy radiating from everyone now, and it scared him shitless. He hated situations like these and he just wished he could come to school for one day without a fight breaking out because his friends were looking out for him.