17~ Finale: I Needed You

Seokjin
°•°•°•°•°•°•°
[9 months later]

I was on my way home from a book signing and both my parents and my in-laws were in town, staying at our home, anticipating Y/n's due date.

Soohyun would be coming next week as it was the best way around his busy schedule.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

These past 9 months have gone by so fast and we've been both so calm but extra cautious with very frequent check-ups at the doctor until it reached the point where she had to give us a warning to not come back until something was actually wrong.

Both Y/n and I are trying our best to make sure that everything goes well even though that was dumb because we can't predict what will happen next.

We also didn't want to know the gender of the baby until the birth so setting up the baby's room has been a little bit of a hassle but with advice from a great interior designer we managed to get it done.

As I pulled into the drive way I see Y/n at the front door talking to a man dressed in a plain dark khaki uniform. I think that's the guy who's supposed to set up the baby monitor for us. She did tell me earlier that he'd be coming by.

I get out of the car, pressing the automatic lock before heading to the front door.

"And this is my husband" she holds her arm out to me. "Honey, this is Mr. Black he just installed the baby monitor for us and he was just giving me more details about"

"Hi, nice to meet you Mr. Black" I shake the man's hand.

"Hello Mr. Kim, I'm familiar with your work, big fan. My wife and I own all your cookbooks"

I laugh. "Ohh what an honour, thank you so much"

"I'm sure Mrs. Kim will relay to you everything I've told her but there is a manual that gives more structured guidelines but they're easy to follow. The grandparents seem to like it" he chuckles.

"They're currently in there 'testing it out' like they've been doing for 45 minutes" she muses.

Mr. Black laughs, his head leaning back a bit. "No worries, I see stuff like that all the time. Totally normal. It's exciting expecting a baby"

"Sure is" I smile. "Thank you so much for all your hard work Mr. Black"

"You're very welcome sir. If there are any problems feel free to call my service line directly or the company. We have customer service representatives that can guide you through anything via phone call"

"That's great! Much appreciated"

He bows to us subtly and smiles. "Enjoy the rest of your evening"

"You too, Mr. Black. Take care" Y/n waves at him as he walks off to his van.

"I'm so happy to see you" I turn to Y/n, grabbing on to her hands and pulling her close to me.

I hold on to her cute cheeks that had become a little more plump during her pregnancy.

"Yeah? How come?" she smiles, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Because I am exhausted and seeing you gives me energy"

"Stop, you're so cute" she giggles.

I kiss her slowly, pulling her lips with mine, longing for the taste after a long day.

"Mm babe, you know what these kind of kisses do to me..." she whispers in between. "And I'm not trying to come up pregnant again right now"

A breathy laugh escapes me as I separate my lips from hers and lean my forehead on against hers.