Chapter 21: Lyra-Bella Cassiopeia Malfoy

Aha and the real stuff begins. Finally... dang.

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat // Fortune Favours the Brave 

     "There will be Deather Eaters at Hogwarts tonight," I admitted. Jaiden looked at me in shock, 

     "What?"

     "I've been repairing a vanishing cabinet, it was my task from the Dark Lord. The attack is set to happen tonight. Draco has to kill Dumbledore," I whispered. I wasn't sure why I was telling her this. Things had been getting better between us since I agreed to spend a little bit of time with the golden trio. And I had been, Harry and Hermione were okay. Ron was still absolutely unbearable but I did what I had to. 

     Jaiden frowned and processed the information.

     "You're a Death Eater," She whispered. I bit my lip and nodded shamefully, staring at the grass below me. 

     "I have to be, I don't have a choice." 

     "You always have a choice Bell!" She yelled. I flinched at her voice and she continued, "please, there's still time to do the right thing," she pleaded. I shook my head and my throat felt like it was surrounded by barbwire, I couldn't speak and I felt like I was one small push away from crying. 

      "No, Jaiden I can't. It doesn't work like that. I can't," I insisted. Jaiden frowned and there was a moment of silence between us. 

     "Then I can't be in this relationship," Jaiden's voice wavered. I stared at the girl in shock trying to process her words. Tears welled in my eyes and I forced them down. When I spoke my voice sounded rough and hurt, 

     "What?" I couldn't get out any of the words I wanted to say. I felt frozen from fear and disbelief. 

     "I'm sorry," Jaiden sobbed. The girl had started crying, I wasn't sure when exactly. 

      "Jaiden, please. We can figure something out," I begged. Jaiden shook her head and gave me a small kiss on the cheek. She smiled through her tears. 

     "No, we can't. I can't be with you if we're on different sides. It just won't work for me," she whimpered. I shook my head and I could taste blood in my mouth from where my lip was now bleeding from biting it in an attempt not to cry. 

     "You're not even willing to try?" It felt like she was giving up on everything we had. She said she loved me. Now she was leaving me as though It was the easiest decision in the world. She was the last person I suspected to leave like this, but at this point, people just continue to surprise me. 

     "I'm sorry," she sniffled. She held my gaze for only a moment longer, perhaps waiting for me to protest. But I wasn't going to. If she didn't want this anymore who was I to hold her back. She continued to cry and she stood up from the grass and ran off to the castle. It hit me like a freight train as I watched her leave. It was over, she was gone. 

     I curled into a ball and sobbed. I sobbed so hard it hurt my chest and I was sure anyone remotely nearby could hear me. It was over.

     This was it. The time had finally come and the plan was working perfectly. I had checked the vanishing cabinet earlier today and everything was working smoothly for the death eater's arrival. I was confident in the cabinet's performance. 

     I made my way to the Astronomy tower behind Draco where the sign of the death eaters was displayed prominently in the sky. I could practically hear Bella's cackling and Andromeda laughing at her side. My cousin was a force to be reckoned with.