Chapter 3: Lyra-Bella Cassiopia Malfoy

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus // Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon

          The year was not starting out well. First there was the Dementors on the train, which definitely freaked Draco out more than he cared to admit. And truthfully I wasn't a fan of them either.
           Then there was the hippogriff incident. The big oaf of a teacher decided to show us this so called 'beautiful' creature. Harry went and showed off as usual and then the beast attacked Draco. I had ran forward furiously as Draco clutched his arm whining. Admittedly he was a little over dramatic, but I was mad so I didn't care. And as usual everyone laughed, nobody was bothered he was hurt. As Hagrid took him away I had turned to Harry.
          "You idiot! This is your fault." I yelled before storming away. Perhaps dramatics ran in the family.
          After a quick letter to father explaining and exaggerating the situation a little that vile creature was set to be killed, and good riddance. Anything that hurts my brother shouldn't be allowed to live. Although I supposed with that logic I was essentially saying my father should die. He's my father and I didn't want him to die. But... maybe he should.

          Now, we sat side by side in Hogsmead. Fresh snow glistened beneath our feet as we sipped butterbeer on the half frozen benches. 

          "Ly..." Draco said nervously. I glanced up at my brother over my butter beer. It was hogsmead weekend and we were sitting outside on one of the only dry benches we could find in this weather. I was wrapped in a Slytherin scarf and a sleek black jacket lined with black faux fur.

         "Is everything alright?" I asked. Draco was a sensitive guy, even if he didn't like to admit it. He hid his emotions from everyone. Well, everyone except me that is. He was fidgeting and shifting in his spot, a clear sign he was nervous and upset about something. 

          "I think I might be gay," he admitted. For a long moment I didn't move, I didn't even speak. When Draco looked at me with tears in his eyes I found I couldn't find the words I wanted to say. So instead I pulled him into a hug, not caring when my butterbeer fell and spilled its contents into the crystal snow.
          "It's okay." I whispered to him. It wasn't. We both knew it. Being a pureblood, we were expected to marry and have children and continue the bloodline. You couldn't do that if you were gay, at least no in the way our parents want. 

          I felt him shake slightly and I heard the slightest sob escape him. I stroked his head and he clutched me like I was his life, as though he would die if I let go. And so I didn't. I stayed there and held him as he tried to cover his crying, to pretend he wasn't even though he must have known I could tell. 

          He pulled away later with his cheeks red and his eyes slightly swollen. He was messy and if father saw him like his he'd surely have some choice words. If he knew why he'd been crying he'd have even more words, perhaps a spell or two, or a strategic swing of his cane. But I wasn't our father.
           "I'm disgusting." Draco muttered as his head drifted to look into the butterbeer stained snow. His voice was hoarse and strangled and his words twisted my heart painfully.
          "No," I said. Draco looked up at the harshness in my tone. "No draco, your beautiful. There's nothing wrong with being gay."
           "But if father finds out-"
           "He won't" I said, cutting Draco off. "I promise." Draco looked at me and I took his cold hand. Draco smiled gratefully at me and pulled me into another large hug.
          "I love you Ly."
          "Love you too Dray."

          Draco groaned as his head hit against the stone rock, holding his nose where the bushy haired freak had punched him. I drew my wand at her quickly as Crabbe and Goyle abandoned Draco.
          "You bitch!" I yelled, "You deserve to be cursed. You uncultured mudblood!" Draco's nose was bleeding now and I desperately wanted to get him to the infirmary. But I also wanted to hex Granger so she burns alive. Soon Potter and Ginger has their wands drawn too, both pointing at me. I glanced back at my brother sitting on the ground against the large boulder. Making my decision and shoved my wand away and threw a few more insults as I helped Draco to his feet and started supporting him as we walked to the infirmary to get his nose and head checked.
           He ended up with a concussion from smashing his head back against the rock. Luckily it was an easy fix for Mrs. Pomfrey but it didn't make me any less mad.