Red & White

Author's note: this book is currently under editing, the chapters edited have "Chapter (insert here the number)" in the front. It's more about polishing it than changing the story. Anyway, tysm! <3

°°°

"Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling... Makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition's blurred. If I'm to choose between one evil and another... I'd rather not choose at all."

°°°

Hestia de Aretuza, also known as the Fire Witch, Burning Witch or most likely The Fire Goddess, used to be a mage, raised by Tissaia de Vries, a mentor at Aretuza, like a mother, she took Hestia under her wing.

Hestia was found abandoned by the sea, close to Aretuza, tales tell that she was covered in fire, even being under the rain, unharmed, untouched, with red bright eyes like a beast, veins that ran lava instead of blood, some told she was kissed by the sun, others cursed the infant, saying she was the daughter of a demon and a human.

It didn't take long for the others to notice there was something special about the girl, when some saw it as danger, Tissaia de Vries saw as a blessing, a form of undiscovered, unpolished power. Soon she taught the young Hestia how to control her powers, even though the entire board was willing to trow the child in a grave, nameless, hopeless, defeated. It was decided that she could stay, with one condition, that her powers were controlled and no incidents reported, one mistake and she was out.

But her powers were never seen before, so bright, so intense, so lethal and uncontrollable. Each day gone by gave Hestia more strength that she could ever deal.

Such power and strength draw a young mage, thirsty for ascendancy, closer to the lonely "beast", Yennefer of Vengerberg fell in love with the young, impatient, red headed girl, creating an undeniable bound of true friendship, a family with no blood, a forbidden love.

As both Yennefer and Hestia were about to ascend, the red headed fire girl was locked away by a group of sorceress, enduring torture and being nothing but a body for others to study her genes, but no one knew it, besides the small group of sorceress. She stayed there, lingering on the thought of revenge, waiting for the day she would escape her captivity, and most important, her endless suffering, until the day Hestia finally escaped, leaving a trail of blood and rotten guts, among with decapitated, emasculated bodies.

Tales of her were told all over the Continent for over a decade, being called The Burning Witch, though no one seemed to get a grip on her, a sorcerer decided to hire a famous Witcher, Geralt of Rivia, to hunt and kill the so called burning witch, because truth be told, no one knew what she was. The sorcerer wasn't the only one wanting to find her though, a king and a prince were also willing to pay as much as needed to find her.

Geralt was left with questions and decisions and through out his journey the White Wolf will discover that when Red meets White, roses grow, among with an burning passion, a love that can't be tamed. Because The Fire Goddess is nothing he could ever imagine.

°°°