"are you excited for our date?" she put the emphasis on date, gushing over the occasion.

he was excited. he was ready to face his feelings head on, despite being terrified of them. he wanted more than just sex and confusion from sage and he always had, and if he could control it, he would be with her forever.

"of course, can't wait to smoke you in ice skating." he tried to play it cool, and she playfully scoffed.

"pshh, whatever, nick. I will kick your ass on ice." she said, looking over at him again.

he focused on the road, noticing her in his peripheral.

frank ocean played quietly in the background, much to sage's liking, because she'd convinced nick that he didn't need trap music all the time. she was expanding his horizons in music and she was quite proud of it, because the boy was an entirely different level of stubborn.

he looked over at her. "what?" he asked curiously, making her snap her gaze away. "nothing." she lowered her gaze and focused on their intertwined hands.

"you're just really amazing, nick." she said about a minute later, catching him off guard.

he turned back to the road, trying to hide the smile on his face. "thank you, baby." he said smoothly, making her melt. she loved the cute names.

he'd never planned to use cute pet names because he thought they were cheesy and cliche, but when he saw her eyes light up the first time he called her baby, he knew he'd be using them for as long as he could hold on to her.

she turned up the music, leaning against the window and fiddling with his fingers.

and he felt a warmth in his body; one that seemed to never go away when he was around her. she was such a beautiful person.

sage hadn't had any hardships in her life. of course no one's life is perfect, but she had both of her parents who loved each other very much, she lived in a nice house and she was very gifted academically, socially, and artistically. she was beautiful and she knew it.

with that being said, none of this stopped her from being the most humble, sweet, and understanding person anyone could ever meet.

she was rich. it didn't stop her from understanding that nick wasn't. she had an amazing family dynamic. that didn't stop her from understanding nick's dysfunctional one. she had never struggled with anxiety or depression. and that was the last thing she saw in nick. she never thought about the boy's anxiousness in certain situations, because he was so much more than any of those things.

"we're here." he said, pulling his hand from her's softly and unbuckling his seat belt.

"we need to fuck in this car." she joked, making him quirk an eyebrow. "oh you're getting adventurous, huh?"

"yes, daddy." she whispered seductively in his ear, opening her door and running into the building.

he smiled to himself, shaking his head, and heading into the building to catch up with her.

he still had trouble wrapping his head around how he was the lucky boy to occupy her mind the way he did; how he was the first and only person to kiss and touch her. he knew her like the back of his hand, and it was incredibly dangerous and beautiful all in one.

she jumped slightly when he wrapped his arms around her from behind, resting a chin on her shoulder.

he didn't like the way the boy at the ice skate rental booth was looking at her, but he figured that he'd do the same if she walked into his work place, so he wanted to subtlety let the boy know that she wasn't available or interested.