twenty two

pls vote and comment and thank you for reading.

before we start, at the very beginning i said they were in junior year BUT i changed it a couple of chapters later but just so you know they are seniors.

dear diary, 

i bet you're expecting some smutty, dirty, detailed sex, but that's just not the case today. it's been a while since we've talked. i've been too busy being in love. I think it's time i close the chapter on you. you were the start of my relationship with nick; my everything. and you listened to me when i couldn't talk to anyone. and i'm speaking to a book as if it's a person. but i'm forever thankful. you'll be at the top of my closet, in my memory box, and with me wherever life takes me. i may come back occasionally. maybe on my wedding day or the day i have my first child. maybe i won't live to see that. but one thing is certain, i love you. and i thank you for everything. 

with greatest pleasure and fulfillment, sage. 

it was graduation day, and as much as it terrified sage, it excited her ten fold.

she'd achieved everything she hoped to by now.

she was top ten percent, she was going to college, and she had people around her who cared.

they say that most of your friends in high school usually aren't your friends in about a decade, but sage knew otherwise.

brandon was stuck with her, whether he liked it or not, because their mother's would force them to be friends even if they hated each other. luckily, they didn't. they loved each other like brother and sister and nothing would change that.

the two grew up together.

b was there for her for her first day of middle school, the first time someone started a rumor about her, and he'd be there to watch her get married and have kids. that was a given.

realistically edwin and zion might not be in her life forever, but they were there now and she'd make the most of it.

there was the possibility that they'd be her friends forever, they had been through high school, but there was a chance they wouldn't be. they weren't her closest friends, but she valued them and she'd do anything for them. and that mattered.

austin would be in her life forever because as far as she was concerned he'd be in nicks life forever, and she was now a part of nick.

parker would be in her life forever. she was her very best friend. the person on this earth that was made for her. they were each other's rock. each other's everything. and they always would be.

and last but not least, she was beyond excited and proud to see the love of her life walk the stage. nick.

he'd been through more than anyone his age should ever have to. he remained selfless and he still gave her love that he didn't even feel he was worthy. that he didn't know was possible, and he was meant to be with her. he'd be in her life forever and she knew it.

she'd never been a part of something so perfect. he truly was everything and more.

they stood in line behind the curtain of the stage, being that her last name was love and his was mara, they were next to each other.

once her name was called, nick kissed her on the lips and tucked her hair behind her ear gently. "i'm so proud of you, baby." he cooed, making her so happy.

she loved to hear it. she walked the stage as her mom and dad, nicks mom, and gia cheered for her. right after she did, his name was called and everyone cheered for him.

after graduation sage sat at her graduation party on nick's lap.

she wasn't drinking tonight, because she was hosting the party, which meant she'd be babysitting six idiots. the boys and parker decided that tonight was the night to get hammered.

*

one by one she put each person to bed.

b and edwin were in the basement, where nick usually liked to hang out (ha), but he'd deal with otherwise that night.

parker and zion slept in the guest room and austin slept on the stairs, by choice of course.

nick stayed up with her like he'd promised to until everyone left.

by the end of the night he was drunk and just wanted to be cuddled.

nick had his arm wrapped around her shoulders as he stumbled up stairs and into her room drunkenly.

he giggled as she helped him take his shirt off. he's so baby.

she just shook her head and smiled to herself.

"what am i gonna do with you?" she asked, the question being rhetorical, but he answered with his own question.

"do you love me?" he stared up from his bed where she'd put the blanket over his body.

she furrowed her eyebrows. "isn't it obvious, nick? i love you more than anything ever." she spoke and he looked away, as if still unsure.

where was this coming from?

"what's wrong, babe?" she asked him, sitting down beside him and placing the palm of her hand on his cheek.

"i don't know... i just miss him on days like this. when there's big milestones when he should be here. it worries me that people don't love me like i love them. but it's fine, i'm just being stupid..." he trailed, trying to bypass his sad confession.

"look at me, nicholas-"

she waited until he was looking into her eyes. she grabbed his hand.

yes he was drunk and talking out of his ass, but drunk words are sober thoughts.

and it pained her to know he felt like this.

she grabbed his hand for comfort. "i love you."

he nodded, suddenly becoming really sleepy.

she got up to clean the house, like she promised her parents she'd do.

he grabbed her hand. "cuddle with me." he whined.

she chuckled, agreeing to nonetheless. 

she changed out of her dress and into one of his shirts, climbing under the cover's with him and getting comfortable. 

he laid on her chest, falling asleep to her heartbeat. 

and despite the sad question he asked before he went to sleep, he was happy. 

if he had sage, gianna, and his mother he was happy. 

and he did; so he was. 

"i love you." he mumbled right before quiet snores emitted from his mouth. 

"i love you more, bug." she smiled, running her hands through his hair. "i love you more."

A/N: last chapter but i do have important epilogue so pls keep in your library.  sorry it was short 😳