Chapter Ten

Snow. It was snowing. A breathless sight as the snowflakes fell through the air like iced cold confetti onto the ground, disappearing in the pavement and sticking to the grass as if they were family. Myles shut Cat’s car door for her and waved to her as she drove off down the street, leaving his shirtless self standing n the snow with a stupid grin on his face.

He quickly ran back inside and smiled, looking to the clock. Noon. A whole morning talking about him and the others, learning some things about her, as well. Her family, her childhood. He found the greatest interest in her brother and sister, Isha and Samanta.

Isha, her younger brother by two years, had just graduated from Kansas City University and was headed home with a degree in game designing. A prominent young man who dreams to be just like his eldest sister, he was, and would forever go on and follow in her footsteps. He looked just like Cat, too, and even had the same eye shape.

A tad shorter and despite there being three of them, he was the only boy. Long hair that he could barely tie into a ponytail, but long enough to hide his eyes in a swooped fashion, he was what was considered “gamer teen”, even though he was 22. She told him about how as children, they would go out into the woods to find sticks and branches and come back to whittle them into swords and play like Link and Ganondorf.

Dinner with the parents and the youngest sister led into debates over who had the best fighting status in Killer Instinct. Of course the youngest sister, Samanta, couldn’t think of anything to add, not one for games. She was the book-to-brain kind of kid, and still is. Traveling the world for international studies in high school and now a freshman in college at Ohio State for geographic anthropology.

Cat said she looked nothing like her and her brother. Instead she had a longer face, squinter eyes, and a plumper nose. Thankfully she didn’t wear glasses to go along with the middle-parted long black hair. It it fell down to her mid-back and she always wore a black head band and scarves and dresses, as if she were a fashionable, 19 year old teacher.

She lived out with her grandparents in Cincinnati, Isha and Cat in Widow’s Peak. Although they were apart, they still called and Skyped each other, but seldom. Samanta never talked to Cat, but Isha and Cat were like twins with how much they talked.

Myles told her about him and jenny, how they were going into the same field, similar to her and Isha. Cat took it as a joke that Myles was ever or could ever be a model. However, he showed her a couple of pictures of when he was a test model for car commercial actors. he was “too skinny” to actually play the role, but did it for the actual actors and models to go off of for reference. That was during high school, before Shaky and Divide screwed everything over for him in Senior year.

They had waffles, made out for a while, and then she left. Off to her brothers house she said, and he let her go. He had to meet up with Jenny anyhow, having to talk about the most stressful thing in the world for him at the moment: his mother.

Mama O’Connor, Fawn O’Connor, was dying of old age. Even though she was 58, she was still failing. Their dad, Elliot, was still alive and well, but he walked out when Myles was only 6. Their mother was left clinging onto life support, no one there to hold her hand everyday. An only child, her parents deceased long ago, she was alone while Myles made out with an Indian girl and Jenny tried to kill off her own brother’s livelihood.

Speaking of which, Divide and Bass were standing at the door, waiting for Myles’ return into his apartment. He walked into the bedroom, grabbing a pair of jeans and a tank top and a button-up red plaid shirt, seeing the wondrous looks on the other’s faces.

“Where are we going today?” Divide asked like a child. He hopped onto the bed while Bass just stood at the doorway, watching Divide’s eager wonder.