Chapter 9: A Wild Dazai has Appeared!

A creakingnoise appears behind me from the door. I knew Dazai was following me, but I'm abit shocked that he didn't come out sooner. The dog finally stops attacking mewith kisses and is panting over me with his tail wagging. I turn around to seewho it is, I crane my neck to see Dazai smiling down at me. 

"Looks like you'rehaving a lot of fun," Dazai said while squatting down beside me to pet the dog. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to seem suspicious by sneaking out; I just needed someair," I said as I turn my body sideways and leaned my back against the railing. 

"No worries, I just thought something happened to you since you weren't in bedanymore." The dog rests his big head in my lap and Dazai looks at the peacefulexpression on the dog's face. 

"It looks like this stray dog has taken a likingto you." I look down at the dog and put my right hand on his head while strokingmy thumb up and down on his forehead. 

Hearing Dazai saying "stray dog" reminds me ofthe title of this anime. I have a feeling this symbolizes something that has todo with this anime. 

"By the way, your voice is very beautiful." He comments andbreaks the silence. 

"Oh gosh, how long were you there for?" I said as I put myhands on my cheeks to cover my embarrassed expression on my face. 

"I've beenfollowing you since you left the room." I knew I was being followed, but whyfor such a long time? 

I turn and look at him and raise my eyebrows in surprise.His face is so close to mine and we are almost touching noses. 

"I like yourhonesty," I said with a smirk. 

"I like your vibe," He smirks back at me. 

"Myvibe?" I question. 

"Yeah, everyone seems so happy when you're around and almostact more different than usual. You really know how to instantly light up theroom." He starts to stroke my head soothingly and plays with my hair. 

I leaninto the touch and a soft smile is on my face as I close my eyes and meltinto the touch. Dazai observes my face and smiles at my reactions beforestopping.

"May I join you?" He asks. 

Realizing that he stopped, I start to feel a little embarrassed. "Yeah, sure. Sorry, I'm just a sucker over physical affection from pretty much anyone in general" I said while turning my head towards the sky. 

Since the dog is beside me Dazai sat on top of the stairs and leans his back against the railing. "That explains the hugs form when we first met. Is it really part of your culture to hug strangers?" He asks while looking up at the stars. 

"Well, kind of. It really depends on the person who's hugging and who's being hugged. But you don't go around hugging strangers that you have never even seen before or know their names. In a professional situation, you normally do a handshake. We don't normally bow unless were ending a performance or if people have to pray. When I met all of you, it just felt proper to give you all hugs to show my gratitude. I hope the others didn't find it weird." I said in an attempt to describe it the best I can. 

"That's alright, if anything, I think that they might actually enjoy it. I myself enjoyed it, but I'm shocked that Kunikida hugged you back. He's normally not that type of person." He said while looking down at me. 

"I kind of feel like Kunikida more like a fatherly person," I respond while looking up at him with wide eyes. Dazai holds his chin with his index finger and thumb while looking down at the dog for a moment. 

He looks back down at me, "That's true, I think you might be right." 

Ishift my body a little because my legs were starting to turn numb. The dogmoves out of his position and puts both paws on my right shoulder while restinghis head there. I put my arms around his butt and another arm around his backcradling him like a baby. I kiss the side of the dog's head and pet him with myright hand. Dazai watches with wide eyes as I did so. 

I feel the dog turninghis head and his tongue comes in contact with my neck. He lightly and lovinglylicks the side of my neck causing me to laugh from the ticklish feeling. I trymy best not to scrunch up my shoulders by turning my head further away so Idon't hurt him. 

"Ahh, so much puppy love, it tickles," I said in a silly voicewhile still laughing. 

"You must really love dogs," Dazai comments whilechuckling at the sight which he finds adorable. 

The dog finally finishes hislovingly assault on my neck and returns his head back on my shoulder. 

"Well, Ilove all animals in general. Just as long as they don't try to rip my head off.And like I said before, I am a sucker for physical affection and many animals loveaffection." I replied, "growing up I never really had a lot of affection, whichexplains why I love it so much." 

I look down at the dog's fur in attempts tohide my face and hugging him tighter for comfort. Dazai remembered how I actedbefore when he asked about something that I was sensitive over so he didn'tbother to ask any questions. 

"Thank you," I whisper. 

"For what?" Dazaiquestions. 

"For not asking, I know you were thinking of it, but I don't feeltoo comfortable enough to talk about it. I appreciate your concerns," I saidturning my head while smiling at him as a tear falls on my left cheek. 

"Anytime." Dazai returns a smile and cups the left side of my cheek whilewiping the tear away with his thumb. 

He removes his hand and we both look up atthe sky. "I think you and Atsushi might get along pretty well. I won't give outtoo much information, but he did grow up in an orphanage." 

I already knew aboutwhat happened to Atsushi, but it makes me happy knowing that he wants us tohelp each other out. I'm starting to feel like he trusts me a lot more andlikes me. 

"I hope so, I'm glad that you're looking out for him."