Chapter 2: I am Dazai, Dazai Osamu

I suddenly pause at the sound of a door creaking.

I look up as the door slowly opens. My eyes meet a silhouette of a person standing under the doorframe. The silhouette moves closer towards the light until I can finally make out his features.

It looks like a tall man with brown shaggy hair wearing a tanned coloured coat that appears abnormally long.

As the man closed the door he spoke in a soft voice, "I thought you'd be asleep, what are you doing up this late?" I am unable to find my words due to confusion. I sit there staring at the tall man with a startled expression upon my face.

He approaches me and hands me a bottle of water.

"Thirsty?" he asks with a warm and comforting smile.

I stare at him for a few moments before reaching towards the water bottle. The water was cold around my grasp. As he lets go of the water bottle, the tip of his finger brushed against mine.

"Thanks," I replied shyly before opening the bottle and drinking it.

As I set the water bottle on the table beside me, the man pulled up a chair close to the table and sits down with his legs crossed.

Since he was closer to the light, I can see more of his features.

It appears that he has bandages wrapped around his neck, disappearing underneath his clothes. I wonder why he is wearing bandages; most importantly, what is he doing wandering around if he is injured.

My mind floods with questions, not realizing that I'm staring blankly at the man.

"You must be confused," he said in a calming voice.

"Yeah, a little," I replied with a slight whisper in my voice.

"Well, let me formally introduce myself. My name is Dazai, Dazai Osamu," He said as he reached for my right hand and gently grasp four of my fingers while softly stroking it with his thumb.

I stared at him in confusion.

This can't be right, Dazai? From my favourite anime? This can't be real.

Without a word, I slowly remove my hand from his. I place my left hand on the edge of the bed and sat on my knees. Then, I reached for the lamp and turn it more towards his face.

This is so shocking. Now both hands are on the edge of the bed as I lean forward to get a better look at his face.

We pause for a moment and scan each other's faces.