Chapter 4: Iris-chan?

I look to my left and see Atshusi approaching me with a smile on his face. He puts his hands behind his back and bends forwards so that we are face to face.

"Don't worry about them, this happens a lot. Please excuse them," He said with a delighted look on his face.

I turn my head to watch Kunikida and Dazai. I already know that this happens all the time, but I guess everyone is oblivious of my knowledge about them, or about this world in general. I turn my head back to Atshushi.

"My name is Atsushi, Nakajima Atsushi. That's Kunikida and Dazai," He says while pointing to each man as he calls their name. Those two finally stopped fighting after hearing their name; Dazai fixed his coat while Kunikida fixed pushed his glasses up. I leaned back onto the pillows and brought my knees up towards my chest while hugging them.

"My name is Ayla Iris," I said to them. "It's nice to meet you Iris-chan" Atshusi said. "Um, could everyone call me by my first name? I know that this is part of your Japanese cultural, but I'm not quiet used to that." I requested.

"You're not Japanese? Where are you from?" Atshusi asked with a questionable look on his face.

"I'm from Canada, but I have no clue how I got here. Always, since your all are paying attention now, I want to apologize to all of you for my outburst from earlier, especially you Dazai. I rarely lose my temper like that, it's just that a sensitive topic kind of came up and I got defensive and uncomfortable. I hope I didn't cause too much trouble," I said.

"Are you talking about the scars on your leg?" Dazai asked. I cringed and hug my knees tighter while nodding my head up and down. Dazai sits back down on his chair while Kunikida and Atshusi sat on the edge of the bed. Atsushi is sitting closer to me on my left while Kunikida sat more at the end of the bed on Dazai's side.

I could feel all of their stares towards me which made me feel uncomfortable, yet comforting knowing how concerned they are. "Would you mind if we asked what happened?" Kunikida asked.

"No, I don't want to talk about it," I said in a stern voice. I look at all of their reactions which looks like they are generally concerned. "Look, as I said before, It's a sensitive topic. If I'm comfortable about talking about it, I'll tell you; but for now, can we just pretend it's not there?" I said in my regular voice.

"Agreed," Atshusi said with a calming smile on his face. I straightened out my legs pull the covers over them due to the slight chill in the room.

"Thanks," I said and smile back.