9

It was a complete chaos up to the point where Atem became king and the young warlock had made a promise to his father "Are you alright Amunet?" Bakura asks "Yes I'm just thinking that this dress doesn't suit me at all" she says with a smile "It doesn't, but there's nothing you can do about it" he says, there was enough Amunet could do to fix the problem, but Atem had handpicked it for her "Blue clashes with my eyes" she mumbles so she changes the blue to orange and Red before walking over to Atem who smiles seeing her. It's odd not to carry her staff with her, but she knows enough spells without it "How does it feel to finally be king?" she asks with a smile "Nerve wracking" Atem mumbles with a sigh "You sure you don't want to sit down?" he asks "I am sitting" Amunet says, she's sitting on the arm rest and everyone seemed fine with it "Shimon, get Amunet a chair when this is over" he says earning a "Of course my king" from the old man "Poor guy" Amunet whispers. Bakura's proud of his sister, not only had she left her past as thief behind her, as much as possible, and now she was the queen "In a way" Mana says "She's still a thief" she adds quietly and Bakura chuckles, Mana was right about that, she just didn't always realize it. "Mahad!" Isis calls out, but the young warlock is quicker and she catches the dart, inspecting it "That wasn't meant for me" she says raising her hand and she paralyzes the guy as the guards get to him "My king, I apologize" Mahad says "The ring doesn't seem to be working correctly" he says with a bow "The necklace was late with the warning as well" Isis says "Could I study them later?" Amunet asks "Of course" Atem says.

The rest of the day goes smoothly and Amunet is happy to be out of that dress "Ever heard of knocking?" she asks pulling her shirt over her head "I have a present for you" Atem says hugging her "Close your eyes", she feels something cold around her wrist and she resists the urge to look "You can look now", on her wrist is a golden bracelet with the same patterns as the other items, one she remembers wanting to steal as a kid "Fun fact" she says "I was after this as a kid" "Really?" Atem asks earning a nod "Thanks" "Why are you in this room?". The room they're in is Amunet's room, but she's supposed to sleep in Atem's room, ever since it was publicly announced that she had accepted the offer to marry him "More privacy, surprisingly" she answers "And I put up spells around the walls for protection" she adds inspecting the bracelet as she sits on her bed "You didn't look for me just to give me a fancy bracelet" "Are you okay?" he asks sitting next to her "I should be asking you that" she counters "The dart wasn't even meant for me, I just happened to be in the way". They sit in silence for a while, until Atem's back suddenly hits the bed "That wasn't needed, you know that" he comments "Who knows" she says "Knowing you you'd probably have left to go to your own room" "Cause it's my room and this is yours, if you wanna cuddle just say so" "Who said I wanted to cuddle?"

Bakura and Mana are bored out of their minds, they had planned to surprise the two "Fun's gone if they don't show up" "Let's go and get some sleep, how are you supposed to guard someone who's not around?" Mana says eventually "I think I know where he is and I know he's save" Bakura says as he heads to his room "How can you-", Mana's mouth gets covered by Bakura and he makes a face seeing Mahad and Isis together "Gross I did not need to know that" Mana says when they're in the safety of their hangout room "We might as well nap here and help the guards patrol later" she points out "Then let's do that" Bakura comments dryly.

Bakura knocks on the door of Amunet's room the next morning and he opens the door hearing a quiet "Come in" "Time for breakfast" he says with a sigh "Get up before Mana gets impatient", with that he leaves the room, closing the door "Let's get up" Atem mumbles and he looks at Amunet "Fine, he's right though, an impatient Mana is never fun", when they arrive at the dining room Amunet is attempting to fix her hair, which is a huge mess and in the end she just uses her magic "Good morning, where are Mahad and Isis?" Atem says and Bakura nearly chokes on his drink "Mana's getting them" Shimon says "They were about to decide who would get who, but Bakura ran off to get you two" "Oh" Amunet says and she sighs "Thanks for putting that picture into my head" she mumbles earning a chuckle from Atem as they sit down "Mahad! For the love of Ra put on a damn shirt!" Mana yells before running past them "Morning you two" she says "Good morning" Isis says sitting down with a smile and her eyes land on Amunet and Atem, which makes her raise an eyebrow "Something wrong?" Amunet asks "No, you two usually don't come to breakfast at the same time" "I was making sure he was alright" Amunet comments "After yesterdays attack" "Right" Isis says, not believing a word and Bakura sighs "Right where's Mahad, didn't he have something to discuss with Amunet?" "Yes, but I'm sure it can wait" Amunet comments dryly "Actually it can't" Mahad says and Atem, Mana, Bakura and Amunet all raise an eyebrow "Your shirt is inside out" Atem comments, making Mana yelp and hide behind Bakura "I ship it" Amunet says with a grin "No business during breakfast, lunch or dinner" Atem says when Mahad wants to open his mouth.

The two magicians take a walk around the palace talking about recent events "So someone is interrupting our work on Atem's tomb and they can't catch them?" Amunet asks earning a nod "We suspect they use magic, but that might not be the case, all we know is that we never realize they are there until it's too late" Mahad says, making the young warlock think for a while "They don't use magic if that's the case, I trained all soldiers who use it to sense unfamiliar magic" she says leaning against the wall. "I am planning to visit, do you want to come along?" Mahad asks "Now?" she asks "The sooner we fix this the better" Mahad says, but Amunet's deep in thought "I probably shouldn't go, if they want to interfere with the work even more then I don't think that the attack was a coincidence" she says "I see your point" Mahad comments "Alright, you protect Atem" "However-" "Amunet, Mahad, thank goodness I found you two before one of you left" Isis says running over "Don't go!" she says "That tomb will be your grave" she says "There's no other way to say it" "Please tell me you didn't tell Atem" Amunet says "No, I was more concerned about finding you two". Amunet doesn't use the necklace, but she does see the look Isis has on her face when she looks at Mahad "Ah" is all she says and Mahad looks at Isis "One of us has to go" he explains "Otherwise we'll never finish it on time and someone has to stay to-" "I'll go, I don't have the ring, you're needed here, Atem needs you to protect him, if Isis hadn't warned you that day that dart would've hit me" Amunet says "And I can help building and Isis, you can tell Atem what you saw when I'm out of this city", when Mahad wants to complain he's knocked out by a spell "And Isis, congratulations" Amunet says as she walks off, putting the hood up "And tell Atem not to worry, I'll be back soon".