13

Bella, although she hates that there's always someone looking over her shoulder now, is actually quite intruiged by it "If your son died, who became pharaoh after you?" "Can you not remind me of my kid?" Amunet asks while sitting on the desk, not that anyone else saw it "Sorry." Bella mumbles as she goes back to taking notes "Priest Seto took my place, it was a shared wish of both me and my husband." "Why doesn't our teacher know that?" Bella questions, annoyed as she glares at her homework "Because we intructed Mana and my brother to erase parts of our lives." is the answer to that.

"Hey Bella." Joey greets her when he passes her in the hallway "Hey, you still up for getting burgers after school for that study session?" Bella asks, but he shakes his head "Can't, got a date." "I see, well, I hope your grades don't suffer because of it.". The plan was to get burgers after school and eat there while they studied, since they always did that when tests came around, this time however she's alone, since she's not counting Amunet as a living person "Think he'll come?" said spirit asks, looking at the text that's arrived and read "Still at work." is the reply. Though ten minutes later Seto enters and walks over to the table "I can hire a private tutor for you, you know that right?" "Yes Seto, but as I said, I could use some company right now, that helps me focus," she explains while leaning back "besides, I don't understand my math homework." "That I can help you with.".

Yugi enters and raises an eyebrow at the siblings "Weird, usually she studies with Joey." Yami points out, so of course Yugi goes to ask an explanation "He told me he had a date." Bella deadpans, making Yugi confused "He's been at my house for an hour after his date didn't show up." "I know several ways to torture someone if you need it." Amunet chimes in "Well in that case you can tell him that our study sessions are over." Bella says, closing her book "We'll work on it at home Seto." "I'll get you a menu first, you can't just live on burgers." he informs her.

Joey feels slightly bad when Yugi tells him Bella had gone to the restaurant "Why didn't you go there after your date didn't show up?" Yugi asks, earning a sigh "I didn't want to make a fool of myself." Joey admits, so Yugi points out "Well no more study sessions for you. Seto was helping her with her Math." "Aw man, I screwed up didn't I?" the blonde asks, earning a nod.

Because the two did study sessions together Joey's grades were acceptable, now when they get the results Bella has a slightly lower score then usual, but Joey failed his worst subjects "Stop correcting my work!" the history teacher tells Bella again, this time in front of the entire class, but the girl has no energy to deal with that right now "The nameless Pharaoh had a wife and a kid, they all died, his cousin took over after the queen died and the puzzle you like referring to isn't lost to time, but you'd know all that if you visited the museum once in a while!" she snaps "Wait he doesn't visit the museum? So we aren't getting that field trip?" a boy asks, everyone had looked forward to the mentioned trip "W-well-" "I'll ask if we can have a field trip, I have work after school anyway." Bella tells the boy, who frowns "I can do that myself miss Kaiba." the teacher deadpans "In that case I'm giving you until the end of the day or I will ask it." Bella comments dryly.

"Bella I know you're working, but I came to apologize." Joey says, but he's ignored in favor of polishing a painting frame "You're usually not in this part of the museum Isabella, are you done with your tasks?" someone asks "Yes sir, though I haven't put the millenium rod on display yet, I need to know why it was important that the tombkeepers son didn't get it." Bella replies, earning a nod "Your friend's visiting though." "I'll finish this first and then I'll talk to him.". Joey's confused by how casual the two act around each other "That was my boss and expedition leader, though he doesn't approve of everything I do." Bella explains while sitting on a bench "Like blowing up surveillance cameras?" Joey asks, making her chuckle "Yeah, he wasn't happy, but instructions are instructions. But on to why you're here, why didn't you come after your date didn't show up?" she asks, looking at her shoes "Well, I was embarrassed and didn't want you making fun of me," he admits "I feel bad though and now my teachers are gonna force me to study at the school, after classes are over!" "That's your own fault for not showing up." she deadpans.

They hear footsteps and see their history teacher looking around "He actually showed up." Joey mumbles, though two security guards come to drag him out "I'll go check it out, stay here." Bella tells him, so she walks over to the commotion "Ah miss Kaiba, glad to see you back here after a week." one of the guards says, so she nods "Tests were important, but why are you forcefully dragging my history teacher outside?" she asks, so they share a look "This man is a thief, he hasn't stolen anything from museums mind you, but when he was your boss' apprentice he stole from the tombs and sold it on the black market." the guard explains. The commotion draws out more people working at the museum and Bella shakes her head in disappointment "That honestly explains so much. Hey boss, someone you knew is here!" she calls. Her boss, being taller and heavier then most men his age, doesn't look happy "Is this the guy assigning you that crappy homework Isabella?" "Yep, should probably inform my school about it." she says and she sighs "But before that, this idiot mentioned a field trip to the museum, but hasn't asked, apparently, so can my class come for a field trip next week?" "Of course they can, with a certified teacher as their supervisor." is the reply "That won't be a problem." Bella promises him, Amunet has been quiet for a while and Bella waits until she's in her office to ask why "Just... so many things going on at once, hey why don't you duel like the rest?" Amunet asks "Eh, I duel, just not as competitive as others. Now why were you inspecting Joey?" Bella counters, that earns her a smile "Just give him another chance, because I think his date saw him talking to you and then gave up." "As if." Bella mumbles.