4

"So why did you get to come along?" Mahad asks looking at Atem and Bakura "The king thinks he still has to see what it's like beyond the city walls" Bakura says "And you'll need me to navigate to the camp" "We're going to take out bandits, not sure how you're going to be off any help".

Amunet is hiding in the bushes near the camp "If they're smart they come and get the kid" the leader says and the girl decides to count "Too many" she mumbles creeping towards the cage "If they don't come the kids a goner, they should've known it wouldn't be save" another bandit says "What about the girl, Amunet?" "Last I saw her she was alone, seems her brother got a job, poor kid's gonna starve to death", the group hears horses so they gather their weapons, leaving the cage unsupervised "We're outnumbered" Seth says "We can see that" Atem says drawing his sword "Oh I think we'll be fine" Bakura says "Four against twenty, how's that fair?" the leader asks "Five!" Amunet says dashing from the bushes and she attacks the one that closest to her, the boy's eyes widen and he moves backwards when an explosion breaks the door open, making Seth look at Mahad, who shakes his head "Oh well, who knew my sister could multitask with magic" Bakura says before running off.

Things go well and Amunet stops to catch her breath for a second "Atem!" Bakura yells when he sees the young prince is surrounded and Amunet throws both daggers before summoning more "Mahad this is no time to be impressed" Seth says, their monsters doing all the work "Diabound!" Bakura says, but even that creature's not fast enough "Amunet, you're not gonna be able to handle that many" he says "Who said I was?" she asks "Magician of black chaos" she adds "Get rid of them and protect the prince", they get rid off the bandits and Bakura looks at his sister, who is sitting on the ground holding her bleeding side "Yeah just don't mind the thief here" she says getting up "Your magic skills are impressive" Mahad says "Are healing spells in the brain of yours?" Bakura asks "No, never had to learn them, also no, I don't want to learn" "Why not?" Mahad asks "Cause pain reminds me I'm still human" Amunet says "I should go back to the city" "You're coming with us to get the injury looked at" Atem says, seemingly not taking no for an answer "No thanks. I don't want to go anywhere near you, the palace or your father. I know what he said, I know why he offered Bakura the job but left me there" Amunet says, poison dripping from every word "He wants to prevent Bakura from becoming like me, he thinks I'm a bad influence on you both" she adds "Did he say that?" Atem asks "Yes he did" Bakura says "Which is why I declined, she insisted I'd take the job" he explains.

Back in the city Amunet locks herself in her house "Out of healing herbs too" she mumbles curling up on the many blankets. "I can't believe you said that!" Atem yells at his father "She changed, it's not my fault you can't see that" "Atem, there's a chance she'll become dangerous" Aknadin says "Shit" Bakura says "We used up our last healing herbs last week" he says seeing several confused looks "She's gonna die from that injury", Atem looks at his father, who in turn looks at Mahad "You saw her, what's your opinion?" "Her magic skills are impressive and had she wanted to stab us in the back she would've let the prince get injured during the fight, instead she summoned a creature and protected him" Mahad answers.

At night Bakura and Atem sneak out and it's awfully quiet when the door's opened "It stopped bleeding" Bakura says "But she's cold" "Let's get her to Mahad" Atem says as the two head back with the injured girl. "Young prince you should be in bed" Mahad says, but Atem cleans the couch "I know, I hope you weren't planning to head to bed" he says. "Atem what's the meaning of this?" Aknadin asks the next morning "You all think she's gonna stab us in the back" Bakura says "Seth and Mahad saw her magic skills, if we keep abandoning her we're gonna have a problem" he adds, Isis walks in silencing the discussion that the priests are winning "My king, you can scold them all you want, but I think you should see her before you make a decision" "Very well" the Pharaoh says "She got worse didn't she?" Atem asks "I will call you two later" Isis says.

"My king, she has a fever and the wound's infected" Mahad says "It's an improvement from last night, but I wouldn't say with confidence that she'll make it", this earns the magician an sigh "I see, keep an eye on her condition, Atem and Bakura may be right that she changed" "She saved the boy" Mahad says "And the young prince, if she had wanted someone to get hurt she wouldn't have done that".

Bakura runs into the room with a worried look on her face "Is she gonna be alright?" "I can't say for sure, but she can't stay in my study forever" Mahad says and Isis walks in "The pharaoh has a room ready for her, he's letting her stay" "Why the sudden change?" Bakura asks "He realizes she could've killed anyone ten times already" Isis says.

When Amunet wakes up she instantly notices something's wrong, she's not at home and she's not chained in some weird dungeon, however she doubles over in pain right after sitting up "Take it easy" the pharaoh says making her move away from him "I realize you don't trust me and I understand that" he adds sitting on the bed "However I'm going to allow you to stay here, you can come and go as you please if that's what you wish" "But I thought-" "Bakura and my son made a great argument about letting you stay" "Alright" she says "I still don't trust you" she adds.