“This is going to be a good day for you,” Bass said, seeing the over-eager look on the face of the man. “She’s going to meet the real you, and the real me.”

“She’s not meeting you, bro,” Myles replied. They hit a bump and Bass’ head hit the window a tad. He seethed, holding the side of his temple and looking to Myles.

“But you told her about us. She’s only going to want to know more.”

“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to let her.” Bass adjusted in his seat and looked at the road for a second, then turned back to Myles.

“You’re joking.”

“No! I really want this relationship to work out an-”

“Dianna worked out perfectly!”

“No, it didn’t. Remember was Shaky did? Yeah. That was all fucked up because he saw her pen-pal. He made me over-react and hit her…”

“What Shaky made you do was wrong and I couldn’t stop him with everything that I tried, but we’ve all learned form then, seeing you so upset and what-not. Understand that, Myles. We care about your feeling-”

“Not now, obviously,” Myles interrupted. Bass took a second to think, watching the white stripes of paint flash in and out of view from the lane. “If you’d all like this one to work out as badly as I do, then you’ll back off. They stayed at the house for a reason. I only let you tag along so you could meet her, not talk with her. She doesn’t know me like Eli and Jacob. She doesn’t know what to say or do when you decide to start talking and I look over to you and say something back. She doesn’t know and I don’t want her to.”

“Is… Is this because of what Jenny and Eli said?” Bass asked. Myles slowed to a stop light and looked over to him, seeing the fear-stricken look.

“I-I -no! No, not at all! Bass, I’d never-”

“No, you would. Jenny wanted you to, and so did Eli and Mom, too.” Bass watched what his words was starting to do to Myles. He pulled up to the curb of Oakland apartments, a much prettier building than his, and looked to Bass.

“I’m not letting you ruin my mood for this date by making me feel like shit. Get in the back seat, shut the hell up, and let me have my dignity.” Bass nodded, a bit- no, a lot hurt by his words. He crawled into the back and Myles jumped to the sound of knuckles rapping against his window.

“Hey,” Catalina smiled. Myles smiled right back, unlocking the doors. She ran around to the other side and slid in, her coat collar popped up against the cold. Her lips were painted over with red lipstick, her eyes done and her nails painted white.

“You look amazing,” Myles smiled. She laughed and nodded slightly.

“I thought I’d look nice for once.”

“You look nice everyday,” he protested. She looked at him as she wrapped the seat belt over her chest. “I’m serious!” he laughed.

“Whatever. Let’s go.” Her smile beamed just as bright as the streetlamps and made Myles turn a bit of a pink color. She was dashing, and making Bass a bit uncomfortable. He was unknown to her, and he knew he was going to unknown to him. However, he didn’t want to go. He was the only show-n-tell to the others. He was BOMBdotCOM to them when it came to information about this new love life Myles had adorned.

“So, where do you come from?” Catalina asked. The town was a stopping place for travelers a lot and most would come and go.

“Here, actually. My family was here all along. Ever heard of The O’s on Pillsbury Road?” She nodded. “Family own. My cousin Bart owns the place and he’s seen many people unlike the townspeople come in and leave in an hour. But when family comes in,” he paused to make a ‘phew’ sound and shake his head, “the party must go on!”