Welcome to Mystic Falls

Now...

Charlotte remained sedated for the next week, the doctors wanting her body to heal. Hank often sat in her room, just watching her sleep. A week had gone by and the bruise was now yellow, and her lip was no longer swollen.

Liz, his wife's twin sister came in and handed him a coffee as her daughter sat at her cousin's side. Caroline looked upset and had said very little to him.

"Are you sure sending her to me is going to be a good idea...she's going to think you don't want her." Liz asked. "After what I did...Charlee is never going to get a clean break here. I lost all her scholarships for college and she's been kicked out of school." Hank said, "All because I assumed, she was dealing...that little bastard she was dating knew she didn't know anything and even told Antonio that in the interview...he left her out to dry." "Just make sure he pays." Liz told him, handing him a coffee. "You can bet on that." Hank replied.

Later that day, Sharron slowly awoke Charlotte from sedation. The teen's eyes landed on Hank, who held her other hand, looking relieved. She did not pull away or flinch at him being there and that was almost torture for him. He at least hoped to see some sort of anger in her eyes but there was not. Just tiredness and forgiveness.

"Daddy...I'm sorry." She whispered; her voice raw from not being used. "Oh no... there is nothing you have to be sorry for...you did nothing, and I mean nothing wrong." Hank said.

Her blue eyes gained a little of their light back as he kissed her hand. It still did not fix the fact she had been kicked out of school and lost the four scholarships she had gotten for her grades.

"So, what happens with school?" She asked. "Don't...you need to rest and feel better." Hank told her. "Daddy...please." She sniffed. "...You'll be going to school in Virginia with your cousin...Liz has agreed to take custody of you." Hank said, making her nod. "Okay...I don't really want to leave but, I understand why." She sighed.

By that night, she was more herself again. Hank was amazed by how calm she was about everything. Roman and Kim were stunned by how she was able to forgive him for what happened.

Another week went by and she could go home. Her arm still throbbed from the surgery, but she could move it no problem. Hank and Al were still amazed by how she was able to forgive him for what happened.

One day, Al came by to spend the day with her before she left. His daughter, Lexi and she were close, so he was going to take them to the mall one last time. Liz and Caroline went back, but Elena, her and Elena's boyfriend's older brother were going to drive back to Mystic Falls in a few days.

"So, how have things been?" Al asked, sipping his coffee as he and Hank sat at the table. "...I keep expecting her to lash out, be angry." Hank sighed. "You know she won't...that has never been Charlee...ever." Al told him. "I know and that's the worst part...I would feel better if she broke down and screamed, I hate you like Erin and Justin did...hell, they're still pretty pissed at me." He sighed. "She won't...she loves you too much to say it...she's your baby...is she hurting, you damn well know she is, but not all because of us...she feels used by that asshole sitting in jail." Al told him.

Meanwhile, Lexi and Charlotte sat in her room as she searched for something to wear. Lexi knew her god sister was still upset by what happened.

"So, how are you doing?" She asked, watching her sigh. "Okay...daddy keeps expecting me to freak." She sighed. "But...you aren't, are you?" Lexi asked. "Nope...I've been running with Roman in the morning, we've been talking." She told her. "And?" She replied as Charlee held up an outfit, "No... too emo." "He said I really need a beak and time to process...everyone either expects me to flip shit or bottle it up and explode later like a freaking Pepsi bottle." Charlotte said, holding up a flannel, white cropped tank, and shorts. "Super cute, with what?" Lexi asked. "High tops?" She said. "Yeah...so change...I think you're doing fine.... hurting over your asshole boyfriend and you want to be mad at Uncle Hank, but you can't." Lexi told her.