Prologue

1 Week Earlier...

The figure of a teen lay in an empty cell, silently letting angry tears fall as she felt the ache from her arm and foot. Her boyfriend had played her, her father thought she was a drug dealer and arrested her, but not before slapping her. Her father,who was a cop never once laid a hand on her and done it in front of everyone she considered family. So, after give hair, urine and blood samples to prove to him she was clean, she ended up there.

	 Unknown to her, the off duty nurse who did the blood sample had cut the vein internally

Unknown to her, the off duty nurse who did the blood sample had cut the vein internally. She just felt a pain, not knowing what was going to happen. The young woman just cried herself to sleep.

The next morning, her godmother, who was the desk sergeant upstairs came to bring her some food. When she looked into the cell, she saw the bedding and girl's arm was covered in blood. She screamed for the officer at the end of the hall to open the door. She also knew the girl had nothing on her to do this and her arm was almost black in the area where the needle had been.

The paramedics had been called and they gasped seeing who it was. They loaded her up and Trudy rose, leaving her father to stare in shock at what happened.

"What happened to Charlotte?" He frowned, seeing his other daughter turn to him. "...Hannah cut the vein in her arm...when she said it hurts last night, she wasn't lying. She was slowly bleeding to death all night...Trudy was bringing her food after she refused it from the guards last night...oh, and the blood and hair follicle tests are in...you're going to have a really hard time fixing what you did." Erin told him, making him frown. "She's clean?" He said, almost relieved. "You...you screwed up big time." She replied, turning to leave.

When the teen got to the hospital, the head doctor had the OR waiting for her and handed Trudy the clipboard. The officer nodded, knowing that she wasn't waiting on her father.

"We'll let you know how she is in an hour." Sharron told her. "Thank you...hey, you hang in there, Charlee." She said, smoothing the girl's blood stained hair from her face.

The teen nodded weakly at her, too tired to fight anyone else.

Four hours later, the waiting room was filled with the team, worried about the little girl they had hurt. Sharron ignored Hank, still angry with him for the condition his daughter was in.

	"How is she?" Trudy asked

"How is she?" Trudy asked. "Good...she lost a lot of blood, we're going to do a transfusion, we'll have to set it in her other arm...I don't want to touch that vein for a while." Sharron told them.

"What about her foot, I know she was wearing heels last night?" Jay asked. "Bruised....but I think most of the damage is emotional and mental...what you all did to her was messed up and you all know it...I called your sister- in- law, Liz...she'll be here in a few hours." Sharron said, making Hank frown.

"Why did you call her?" Hank asked, annoyed. "To be honest...I do not think it is a good idea that little girl goes back to you for a while...have you seen what she looks like...her lip is busted, and her left side of her face has bruise shaped like your hand, so tell me Hank...do you truly think that child is not going to lash out at you when she is better?" Sharron asked, "I would be shocked if she doesn't...you cut her deep."